When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex rep, blue dial and thing wrist.

abborren82

Trying to buy my first rep watch. Very new to rep watches! Please bare with me.

- I have very thing wrists 5.9". (Male)

- I don't want to bury the arm in the watch. So a rather small one.

- I like to color blue, it looks very exclusive in my eyes. A Blue dial would be very neat.

- No extra function more then time, and date is a plus.

- I want it to be a GOOD replica, that don't stops to work after a year or so. :-)

- Price range 0-150 bucks...

What Rolex fits me?

And where can I buy it?

All replica watches bought from a standard dealer have new-old-stock or used movements inside of them. Now knowing that every mechanical watch whether it costs $40 or $400,000 needs to be serviced every 3 to 5 years, it is very possible that a replica you buy will need service within a year.

So even using the "most trusted" sources is no guarantee that you wont be visiting a service shop in 12 months.

There is also a very nice Ceramic Submariner in Blue.

Finding a good rep at the $ 150 price range is difficult. Chances are good you will need a movement in 6mos to a year. Why? Because watches in that price range use the chinese automatics, which are notorious for breaking, especially the date wheel. However, when that happens you can buy a replacement movement for around $20. The reps that use the genuine swiss eta are very reliable, and more expensive. The datejusts that I build come with a genuine swiss eta and cost around $350.00 and come with a 1 year warranty. If you look around you may find a good used rep with an eta in your price range, I would recommend that over a chinese movement. Good luck

Yes, of course you could service a normal 3-handed movement yourself .. As long as you learn how and are willing to buy the tools and supplies. Such as watch oil a simple time-grapher and an ultrasonic bath.

Look to pay a trusted watch modder from the forums between 80 and 100 dollars for this work.

Oh and an Asian eta clone is your best bet.