When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what mod would you you recommend next?

gavinh29

Hi, I am new to this site and collecting, in fact i am still waiting for my first 5 watches to clear customs. Amongst them is the updated 5002 Big pilot (black) relumed and no recess date, I have also bought elsewhere a genuine dark brown strap and a rep but near perfect deployment. What should i consider as my next mod bringing the watch nearer the gen? Can you also recommend where to go to get the work done. Thanks for reading

You should adjust the power reserve indicator, so that it sits at the last line past the "7"

5002.jpg

Perhaps have the crystal AR'd (although the rep AR is very good as it is).

Frankly, with a good aftermarket strap, this watch is among the best reps and would pass as gen any day of the week. Every time I wear my Big Pilot, I get laid.

• Like 1

Word.

I have to beat the chicks away with a sh1tty stick when I wear mine.

The crap rep strap is the first problem, you've got that sorted, do the PR indicator yourself, it takes 5 minutes, then call it good.

You can do AR or relume, but I wouldn't bother, the difference will be very minor, it's a great rep.

Thanks a lot for the replies, it has finally arrived after a long spell in customs along with my Portuguese chronic (white dial blue hands) and my top gun 46mm doppel i cannot wait to get home to unwrap them. I appreciate your help guys

Word.

I have to beat the chicks away with a sh1tty stick when I wear mine.

The crap rep strap is the first problem, you've got that sorted, do the PR indicator yourself, it takes 5 minutes, then call it good.

You can do AR or relume, but I wouldn't bother, the difference will be very minor, it's a great rep.

How can u do the PR indicator? Could u possibly explain how?

Also where can u get a nice strap for it?

Thanks

Edited by mak680