When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lume on the XVI

dutchguy2

I hate it when the lume color is not correct on a watch. Allthough the XVI has pretty decent lume the color on the hands (uncharged) is not the same white as on the dal lume and again different than the dial printing.

I tried to change that, several times. In the beginning whit my firts XVI and some bad lume, or better said bad varnish. This watch is now with Andy to be fixed. (it has the bad crystal seal too, like his)

I bought a second XVI and some good stuff to relume (superluminova from tritec, C1). The problem here was that since the hands have only a black back ground from the dial the color still was different than the color of the dial lume (again the uncharged color). After I gave the back of the hands some white color they turned out to get the same color as the rest, pfew..... Finally.

Here is the result

08294015.jpg

bfb53802.jpg

a4b803f5.jpg

239dc522.jpg

30bd3c91.jpg

There is room of improvement but... I had to relume them over and over, that clearly does not do them any good. I'm sure if I have to do it over I will succeed at one try and it will look even better LOL.