When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Aquaracer 500M back from Vac's Mod Shop

Jkay

Whats the thinking behind the cyclops removal

I was cruising around the gen Tag sites looking for pics of the 500M before I bought the replica. I saw that several Gen owners had this procedure done, and I agree that it un-clutters the dial.

The 2012 500M comes with no cyclops; Tag Heuer agrees with us!

In my opinion, placing a cyclops over an area with lettering, textures, and raised chrome striping is just too much. It looks cluttered.

Guys just been browsing? Who is VAC?

Vaccum is a very experienced modder in Florida, USA.

He runs the Vac's Modification Shop sub-forum here. He is the go-to guy in the USA for lume, but he also performs service and AR coatings.

• 1 month later...

That is a GORGEOUS time piece. :) May I ask the source for the rep? :) Best, PAM1962

Any of our trusted dealers can get you this replica. You simply have to choose how much you want to pay for the movement .. Asia Clone .. Swiss ETA, or finally the same exact Selitta hi-grade used in the Genuine watch, which is what I have.

And thank you for the kind words. Please remember that the watch you get will not have the cyclops shaved or the AR coatings applied.