When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer Gen/rep Side By Side

DWSmoot

I am planning on getting a Navitimer numbers in the near future and thought I would offer this side by side comparison of the Gen vs. a Rep from one of our dealers... there are a few flaws in the rep with the biggest being the deep date wheel among a few others. Overall the rep is pretty good IMO...

Comments and/or advice is appreciated...still searching...

Gen on the right...

Thanks,

DWS

Edited by DWSmoot

Nice watch but hrs numbers font is slightly incorrect also.

I therefore would prefer the hrs stick markers version.

Still better in my opinion is the TT 6-9-12 subdials version : no mods to 7750 mov (no extra 3 gears).

correct datewheel depth.

I also prefer the leather strap io the (too) shiny bracelet.

Are you sure about that? I was at the AD the other day and the TT had gold hands and silver subdial hands.

http://www.lesmala.net/jean-michel/navitimer/nav2004.jpg

Andreww, after 2003 Breitling modified the Valjoux 7750 movement in order to stick back to the "tricompax" layout for the subdials (at 3,6 and 9'). The prior older Generation XV, XVI and XVIII models based on standard Valjoux 7750 have the 6,9 and 12 subdial layout and black subdial hands. A good source of historical info is www.navitimer.net

Andreww, after 2003 Breitling modified the Valjoux 7750 movement in order to stick back to the "tricompax" layout for the subdials (at 3,6 and 9'). The prior older Generation XV, XVI and XVIII models based on standard Valjoux 7750 have the 6,9 and 12 subdial layout and black subdial hands. A good source of historical info is www.navitimer.net

I am well aware of the different subdial configurations that exist. You commented that the subdial hand color was wrong on the TT models pictured above. I am wondering what you mean by this? As far as I can tell the TT's have gold hands and silver sub hands.

Andreww,

It's appearant you are a Breitling enthusiest...what is your recommendation for the Navitimer??

Thanks,

The Two tone versions in the natural 7750 format (6-9-12 subdials) are currently the most accurate. That excluding Josh's brushed Serie Special with swiss 7750 ($888 U.S.)

I am well aware of the different subdial configurations that exist. You commented that the subdial hand color was wrong on the TT models pictured above. I am wondering what you mean by this? As far as I can tell the TT's have gold hands and silver sub hands.
I'm sure you are well aware of Breitling subdial configurations by your signature. All I meant was I would like to be proved wrong on the pre-2003 "6,9 & 12" sub layout navitimers in gold & silver two tone and black dial. I'm only talking about the standard V7750's and not the first rep. pictured. Find me a gen. pic and I'll take that back. I haven't found any gens with silver sub hands on the pre-2003 6,9 & 12s, also in this vintage, the dial of the two-tone should be a platinum silver white, not white. Obviously yes on the tricompax layout subs as you have shown for two-tone silver and gold.