When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question from a Newbie - please be kind...

pcpken

Hi,

I am relatively new here and I've been reading eagerly and educating myself but I have a question for the wise and experienced in this forum.

As a follow-up purchase from Puretime, I ordered, among other items, a spare SS bracelet for a Chronomat B01 (I have larger 8 1/2" wrists) that I had ordered previously. They would not sell a extra link so I had no choice.

When I received the bracelet, I was frustrated that the link would not fit. I then realized that Puretime sent me a bracelet for a Chronomat Revolution, which as slightly more angular links and different lug ends.

When asked Puretime for help, they glibly responded:

"Thank you for your mail. However, when I checked the qc email and found that you approved the shipping for the bracelet."

In my defense, the two bracelets look almost identical from any distance.

Question: Is Puretime right in blaming me? Was it my fault for not scrutinizing the photo? I've attached a photo of the B01 (top) and the bracelet that they sent me (below).

You comments are appreciated.

Regards,

--pcpken

post-43426-0-71829100-1338988334_thumb.j

I am not sure it is a glib response. Under his guidelines you approved the QC pics. By the way, how do you (or he) know they sent the one in the pic if they are so close? I would hope Angus would come to some accomodation with you although the problem with parts is that it probably doesn't make economic sense for you to ship it back to get another one.

This is a simple mixup. PT sent the wrong item, but you approved the QC pics. As Watchmeister said, it's probably not economically worth it to ship the bracelet back to China, but since the BCE is a fairly common rep, I'm sure you could sell the bracelet without too much trouble. Work out a deal to order another one from him and try again.

Yeah I would say it is their fault... It's one thing approving pics of a watch because you can tell which model it is but a bracelet that looks near identical to the other model except for a mm or 2 in size?? That's like asking them to send you an asian 2836 movement because you need a new one and they show you pics of another one but you really have no idea as they all look the same so you accept it.

Sure he will arrange a work around for this.

Thanks for all your responses. I do feel a bit repsonsible but as I said I am still learning and I appreciate Craig88's understanding as I was only looking for defects and didn't think to check for slight variations in the type of bracelet. I guess I assumed that they would send me the right part.

Another Puretime agent responed to my email and she asked for a photo and said she was ready send me replacements.

I hope that the two can come to an agreement that is in my favor.

Thanks again for your input(s).

To FxrAndy, this will fit the Blackbird but again, the links are shaped slightly differently so the links are not interchangeable. Also some Blackbirds, like my gen, have a brushed finishg and the Chromomat Revolustion SS bracelet is a poiished finsih.

IMNSFHO:

The dealer, in order to maintain his stature as a good guy to do business with, should send him the CORRECT bracelet, RIGHT NOW, along with a return envelope to send back the WRONG bracelet!!

Using the "you approved the QC pictures" gambit here is at best inappropriate!!

There is NO WAY anybody here would see that that is an incorrectly sized item!!!

The moderators here should make this clear to the dealer... :fool:

To FxrAndy, this will fit the Blackbird but again, the links are shaped slightly differently so the links are not interchangeable. Also some Blackbirds, like my gen, have a brushed finishg and the Chromomat Revolustion SS bracelet is a poiished finsih.

If you end up having to sell it let me know i have been looking for a bracelet to mod with an ocean racer clasp for my bb