When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a Gen or Rep?

RRknight

Problem with the Super Avengers is that you can put a gen dial and Bezel on them and you wouldn't know the difference without opening them up. From what I can see, that watch appears to be genuine, but I would ask for a movement shot to be safe. Also, in your pictures the watch does not appear to be running. Have him take a couple of pics with it running so you can be sure. As for price, I have no idea what kind of value it has. Pictures are terrible so its hard to tell the condition. Does he have box and papers?

Update.

I just picked it up and was able to negotiate down to $2300. It came with all papers, box and manual.

I have a question about the bezel. When I rotate the bezel, I don't hear any clicking noise like my Gen Blackbird or Seawolf. Is that normal?

Problem with the Super Avengers is that you can put a gen dial and Bezel on them and you wouldn't know the difference without opening them up. From what I can see, that watch appears to be genuine, but I would ask for a movement shot to be safe. Also, in your pictures the watch does not appear to be running. Have him take a couple of pics with it running so you can be sure. As for price, I have no idea what kind of value it has. Pictures are terrible so its hard to tell the condition. Does he have box and papers?

yeah he posted on rwg saying that the papers looked legit. As a few people said over there; he should of met at the AD since it was a face to face deal...

my response on rwg goes hand n hand with your comment... "if worst comes to worst at least you got a gen dial out of the deal :D"

Good News! I just came back from the AD and the watch is 100% gen. The click spring was broken and it only cost me $45 to repair it. However, they did say it will need servicing in 2-3 years.

So I did score a gen SA!

Edited by RRknight

Here are some pics from my phone.

Here's the broken click spring. It looks like the tab is bent. I might be able to bend it back and make it a spare.

IMG-20120608-00188.jpg

Had it cleaned. Damn! This watch is a beast. Looks silly on my wrist and now I look like a gangsta.

IMG-20120608-00192.jpg

Adding to my collection.

IMG-20120608-00190-1.jpg

Edited by RRknight

Good News! I just came back from the AD and the watch is 100% gen. The click spring was broken and it only cost me $45 to repair it. However, they did say it will need servicing in 2-3 years.

So I did score a gen SA!

As opposed to throwing away $2300 on a $400 rep?

Sent from my