When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Skeletonized 183 Or A Fiddy?

chris5264

I'm stuck between creating a skeletonized version of either the 183 blackseal or doing a fiddy. For both I would cut away the inside of the dial so you could see the skeletonized 6497 and only leave enough dial to see the markers. The sandwich dial seems like a good choice since all I have to do is remove the bottom part with the lum and It's partly skeletonized already. Any thoughts?

i would prefer 1950, because the caseback is bigger and you can see the whole movement

but 183 looks also nice with skeleton movement, because the caseback is polished and looks noble with skeleton movement :g:

i don´t understand why panerai don´t build watches with skeleton movement? It is not expensive to rebuild skeleton Unitas...

i have a skeleton Maurice Lacroix Unitas 6497 on hand... i think this movement in a 210 looks great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

better than all $8.000 limited valjoux 7750 PAM watches...

cheers

Edited by tourbillon1801

because a skeletonized pam would not fit into their profile.

same reason why mercedes doesnt make penis enlargement cars such as the ford probe (sorry if this offends anyone).

i think the fu**ing ferrari watches also will not fit into their profile

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by tourbillon1801

i would prefer 1950, because the caseback is bigger and you can see the whole movement

but 183 looks also nice with skeleton movement, because the caseback is polished and looks noble with skeleton movement :g:

Exactly my thoughts. I'll probably do both and see which one I don't screw up (assuming I don't screw up both dials) :o

thanks all for the imput,,,,,,,,,

Radiomir case could be a winner with this... I'd love to see how it turns out.

I don't see how you can retain the numbers part of the dial. Are you getting a proper skeleton-style movement? Will you cut out a circle in the inner part of the dial and leave the rest, kind of like a polo mint?

Radiomir case could be a winner with this... I'd love to see how it turns out.

I don't see how you can retain the numbers part of the dial. Are you getting a proper skeleton-style movement? Will you cut out a circle in the inner part of the dial and leave the rest, kind of like a polo mint?

I'm going to try to cut out an inner circle leaving the numbers. yes, I picked up a skeleton 6497 from ajoesmith which should be perfect for this project. I'll have another beer and get out the dremel.... :yeah:

I'm going to try to cut out an inner circle leaving the numbers. yes, I picked up a skeleton 6497 from ajoesmith which should be perfect for this project. I'll have another beer and get out the dremel.... :yeah:

be sure to do this with a drill press and hole cutter bit! dremel will f it up for sure! my vote is the radiomir. i'd scrap the dial completely and go with some 231 gold hands. :D make sure you make a solution to hold the hour wheel in place.......

be sure to do this with a drill press and hole cutter bit! dremel will f it up for sure! my vote is the radiomir. i'd scrap the dial completely and go with some 231 gold hands. :D make sure you make a solution to hold the hour wheel in place.......

here is a look at the dial. Not perfect but totally done by hand,,,well with a dremel. I'm not sure how this will look, I didn't realize that the markers now show the movement which looks a bit flashy. Still, some progress.

147958-15337.jpg

here is a look at the dial. Not perfect but totally done by hand,,,well with a dremel. I'm not sure how this will look, I didn't realize that the markers now show the movement which looks a bit flashy. Still, some progress.

148044-15318.jpg

woooooooow :thumbsupsmileyanim:

great idea chris... i can´t wait for more pics... i like your project