When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V3 Diver Diver Bezel Refurb !

Mr Z

my diver out of the wrapping ...... scratched !! so here a quick DIY I done a few days ago .... very easy 30min job .... before bezel refurbishment you can see all the scratches !! Follow MIkeOO step by step tutorial!!

DSCF0823.jpg

DSCF0824.jpg

V3 Diver unassembled

DSCF0828.jpg

DSCF0829.jpg

refurnish bezel ...perfectly to the original 1000grit wet and dry paper!!

DSCF0825.jpg

DSCF0826.jpg

DSCF0827.jpg

when repressing the crystal ... be careful not to press to hard as u well not have the raised bevel height showing !! and also note which side the ar is one so place some tape on the out side so u know which is which when re pressing the crystal

DSCF0830.jpg

DSCF0831.jpg

reassembled and back to the show room finish !!

DSCF0838.jpg

DSCF0839.jpg

and finally the wristies shots .... Bang ... scratches ALL gone Enjoy

DSCF0832.jpg

DSCF0833.jpg

DSCF0834.jpg

DSCF0835.jpg

DSCF0836.jpg

DSCF0837.jpg

yes but did not see it was under the cling wrap never noticed it until i removed the rap!!.... but i don't mind as it gave me a chance to have a little look around again at the V3 ... and adjust the recess hex screws !!

slightly finer then my other v3 diver but its a hard call unless they are side by side .... and for the strokes .. its the angle of the pic ...they were done with a straight edge .. not free hand strokes !! side by side

DSCF0845.jpg

also just a quick .. update on the case back to bring close to the gen more sparkle !!

DSCF0849.jpg

Nice works though I think the 1000 grit is too fine vs the gen finish.

Anyhow, quite unbelievable the factory can ship out a watch with such bad scratches. Didin't you approve the QC pics though I know it is quite meaningless as most likely the watch you received at the end is not the one you looked in your approved pics.

yes slightly to fine ... I will opt for 800 grit when I refurb the bezel again .....yes all QC pics where approved prior shipping and were perfect !! the serial number matched the QC pics .. so who know what happened must of been in the shipping department !!!