When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for the 'perfect' 2007 Yachtmaster II: two-tone, white dial, blue hands, superlume & waterproof!

danilo

Hi mateys!

First posting, so please bear with me if I'm inadvertently breaking or infringing any guidelines!

My 'ideal' right now, is a full size 2007 Yachtmaster II, in two-tone, with the blue hands, superlume, AND the waterproofing.

That nice Andrew at Trusty has the exact one I'd like...EXCEPT, it only comes in the all-gold colour, and it's called the ROLYM046 - 2007 Yatchmaster II (42mm) RG/RG White Asia 2813

He does, in fact, have the two-tone version, the ROLYM044 - 2007 Yatchmaster II (42mm) SS/YG White Asia 2813, but, bizarrely, it only comes with gold hands, and Andrew says they cannot change them to blue...

Does anybody know anyone reputable such as Andrew, who might be able to supply one?

Or, is there a service that might add the Superlume afters, for instance? (though it would be a bit silly, since Andrew's people could do the waterproofing and then the superlume install would surely blow that?)

Thanks for looking and for any help here.

All the best,

Danny

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but other than for some specialty 1:1 repss, all the dealers can get the same watches.

If Andrew can't source one, it probably doesn't exist.

Unfortunately, the YM II isn't that accurate a rep, and if you are trying to find a 'perfect' one, you will ultimately be disappointed.

Edited by tomhorn

The watch in gen form came originally with those hands so they wouldn't actually be wrong.

I understand you wanting the blue hands but as I doubt that the rep is a big seller I'd have to guess they won't be making any adjustments to that rep for the foreseeable future.

Otherwise, see above for the pros advice. GL.

This is the thing with this watch - it's so highly recognizable, if you run into a Rolex fan they will immediately recognize it and want to see its complications - the countdown feature etc.

There is no rep that can do the things the genuine can do, it's a remarkable piece of horology.

You will be called out.