When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

England coach with Hublot watch!

andcaneron

During the 2010 World cup Hublot were giving watches to all commentators and pundits. Hublot sponsored the World Cup and Euro 2012 (the substitutions and added time board).

Hodgson got his in 2012 and has been wearing it ever since. I have not seen him wear anything different since then.

Seriously anyone who has watched the England games and preparations at this Euros will know that this is the single best bit of product giveaway ever in the history of the world.

Hodgson must be trained by Hublot to flash it whenever there is a camera within 20 miles! It's had more screen time that Rooney! Hublot must be laughing as I bet when they first found out someone had given one to Hodgson that the guy responsible got sacked!!!

Alex Ferguson also has a hublot so perhaps only managers over 65 choose them because the face is large enough to read with cataracts??

Panerais are even more legible, and sometimes even more ostentatiously gaudy through Richemont's overly advertised theme of "minimalism".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Battler I agree that Panerais can be more legible but not sure about them being more gaudy. Hublot make some shockers.

Although I was only making a tongue in cheek remark to be honest.

Nothing wrong with a nice black big bang though in my opinion. But I'd say that in my opinion despite their size the Panerai range is pretty reserved on the styling front.

Each to their own though.

It must be great for a football manager or tv personality to be given a free high value luxury watch. To me however it instantly puts me off a brand that dishes out freebies to those in the public eye and expects the public to cough up $$$$$'s. I used to like Bremont, however all the lavish corporate events they started to sponsor and the not that well known personalities sporting their latest free watches started to leave me cold.

I know that Andrew Villas Boas had a lovely PVD coated special edition Franck Muller. Also Jose Mourinho has a Franck Muller deal too.

Alex Ferguson also has a hublot so perhaps only managers over 65 choose them because the face is large enough to read with cataracts??

Hublot sponsor Man Utd and there is a Red Devils version of the Big Bang. I reckon my team, Liverpool, could manage sponsorship from Casio!

Hublot sponsor Man Utd and there is a Red Devils version of the Big Bang. I reckon my team, Liverpool, could manage sponsorship from Casio!

You would have to be a nutter to buy a football branded £15k+ watch surely. I googled it and that is not a looker!!

Utd usually start off trends though with sponsorship that my team - Chelsea - copy slavishly so we are bound to get a slightly worse deal sooner rather than later. Probably Graham!!!