When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rare Doxa?

offshore

In doing my "homework" I stumbled across this rare bird.

http://www.ebay.com....7#ht_803wt_1396

It is claimed that -

Although the SUB 200 T.Graph was produced in Professional, Sharkhunter and Searambler versions, it is not known exactly how many were made. However, the number is believed to be in hundreds rather than thousands. Either there were less Sharkhunters produced than the other models or those that were made were unfortunately worn to destruction, because I have yet to see a SUB 200 T.Graph Sharkhunter other than in a catalogue shot. They have to be the rarest of an already rare breed.

So!- rare indeed- however one would think the chances of resurrecting it to be somewhere between zero and nil.

The movement is an Eberhard 310-82 meaning parts there would be possible, but a case back, dial, and bezel, may prove to be a journey too far.

I'll bet the Nanuq juices are running however.

Offshore

That would be an impossible restoration. finding all the necressary parts could take years, or maybe forever. I doubt whether DOXA SA has parts for this one. It's at best a parts watch. Obviously the watch was very wet at one time for the dial to deteriorate like that. No bezel, no caseback ? looks like maybe someone bought this one for parts, got what they needed and selling the carcass on!