When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta 2824 omega PO winding issue

danza1812

Im in the process of installing gen crystal to my po. In reinstalling the movement, I now have a problem with the winding/stem

When the crown is pulled out it works fine, date setting works well as does winding (although a little noisy when winding) then when I push the crown to screw down I can hear the movement still winding until the crown is tight against the case.

My sub with the same movement doesn't have this issue.

Any ideas or tips from the experts? Thanks

I kind of remember reading somewhere that you have to use the rep gasket rather than the gen gasket. Maybe you can do a search or one of the experts can chime in.

A crystal press is very cheap, around $10 as I recall. If you have a Harbor Freight store near you, they sell them.

I kind of remember reading somewhere that you have to use the rep gasket rather than the gen gasket. Maybe you can do a search or one of the experts can chime in.

A crystal press is very cheap, around $10 as I recall. If you have a Harbor Freight store near you, they sell them.

Ah I thought it was the other way round and that a gen gasket would be required, can any Franken 42mm po owners confirm?

Damn it! Can't find the rep gasket! Where can I get one do you think?

That is a good question :) surely try a wtb request, PO's are so common there must be some floating about. I don't have any free ones atm, else you could have one of those. If you cant get one try the dealers, someone could surely supply you with a few.

i have the same winding issue , when i screw the crown with my UPO i can still hear the movement winding ??????

afaik, usually hearing movement winding on screwdown is a sign the stem is a little on the short side, or in the case above maybe just a tad off center. In your case it could be either, try opening the back and see if all lines up, if it does then you could try loosening the crown on stem a touch and then securing, or resize a new stem. tbh, I have it in a couple of reps, doesn't really bother me unless it makes it makes the screwdown very difficult.