When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Pelagos

sardonix

Design complaints aside, you have to give it props as the first all titanium dive watch by Tudor, or Rolex for that matter. Plus the progressive engineering that went into the dive extension clasp is pretty good too.

:)

The use of Ti is good, but I'm not convinced about the clasp, I've seen too many instances of the glidelock clasp failing that I wouldn't wear one myself for fear of it failing :bangin: (although I can appreciate the engineering that went into them :good: )

The use of Ti is good, but I'm not convinced about the clasp, I've seen too many instances of the glidelock clasp failing that I wouldn't wear one myself for fear of it failing :bangin: (although I can appreciate the engineering that went into them :good: )

Have to agree with you on the glide lock clasp. A friend of mine has a gen Deep Sea and it fell off his wrist during a dive because sand got into it. Sand!! I mean, come on!!! It's a dive watch for gods sake (an expensive one) and it can't handle a little sand? And now we have this newer, fancier clasp system?

I'll take a flip lock clasp any day of the week over any of the new mechanisms.

Hadn't seen the clasp till now, looks stunning bit of engineering :notworthy: but you have to ask the question...why?

Hope it works out to be a great addition but from experience in the automotive industry it's usually best to Kiss ;) it usually works best that way!

I'm well up for the rep TC version though :clap2:

Have to agree with you on the glide lock clasp. A friend of mine has a gen Deep Sea and it fell off his wrist during a dive because sand got into it. Sand!! I mean, come on!!! It's a dive watch for gods sake (an expensive one) and it can't handle a little sand? And now we have this newer, fancier clasp system?

I'll take a flip lock clasp any day of the week over any of the new mechanisms.

Sand?!? That's crazy :bangin: Was the watch retrieved, or lost to the depths?

That's why I never wear any bracelet when diving, only a diver on rubber strap. Plus I only wear a lower end one and never an expensive gen. My orange monster has never failed me yet!

That's why I never wear any bracelet when diving, only a diver on rubber strap. Plus I only wear a lower end one and never an expensive gen. My orange monster has never failed me yet!

I've not done any scuba in this lifetime, but would like to :) I suspect I would also go with the rubber strap option as well :good::drinks:

Fortunately he caught it as it slipped off. He couldn't believe it though. He went on to me about how it's the best dive watch in the world and blah blah blah. He was quite pissed off about it actually.

Fortunately he caught it as it slipped off. He couldn't believe it though. He went on to me about how it's the best dive watch in the world and blah blah blah. He was quite pissed off about it actually.

I'm not surprized, I'd be pissed off if the same thing happened to me :lol: I've just heard so many horror stories of the glidlock clasps failing (mostly down to welding failures on the folding section which connects to the links from the 6 o clock half of the bracelet) I really wouldn't ever want to wear one as I know I wouldn't ever trust it. Not really a fan of the DSSD at all, but I am quite keen on the fantasy Deep GMT, and if cash allowed, I would get one, but immediately swap the bracelet for a Tropic-style strap :victory:

Give it about a year until the honeymoon effect wears off, then they black bays will be all over the sale forums, the price is way too dear to justify having it tied up in the watch, just a hunch but I'd say there will be quite a few flippers. It still is a lovely watch, I'm not sure it will be same lust for the watch with many after 3 months in of daily wear compared to the frenzy the lovely brochure pics and Basel launch created. This all depends of course on how restrictive the supply is, it does looks pretty restrictive at the moment!

The Pelagos is a bit like seeing your sister in a bathing suit, thinking "Nice ass...", and then remembering it's your sister :bangin::lol:

Good one! :lol::D

Give it about a year until the honeymoon effect wears off, then they black bays will be all over the sale forums, the price is way too dear to justify having it tied up in the watch, just a hunch but I'd say there will be quite a few flippers. It still is a lovely watch, I'm not sure it will be same lust for the watch with many after 3 months in of daily wear compared to the frenzy the lovely brochure pics and Basel launch created. This all depends of course on how restrictive the supply is, it does looks pretty restrictive at the moment!

I think you've hit the nail on the head perfectly there, as I would also have to apply that time limit to the Tudor Heritage: I love mine, I wouldn't get rid of it, but as soon as I got my new 16610, it was immediately superceded by it, and I now rarely wear it at all, where the 16610 (although I have plans to convert it to a 16800) I've had about three months or so, and have a hard time keeping it off my wrist, and still think "That looks like a bitching watch..." when I catch sight of it while walking :) So I think the Black Bay, Pelagos and Heritage probably all suffer the same issue of longevity, although I could see the Black Bay being the most enduring, especially for someone with only one watch, rather than options to switch to :) For me, my only concern about the Black Bay is the amount of burgundy in the design. Don't get me wrong, I love red, but I do wonder how versatile the watch would be in terms of wardrobe compatability due to that redness (In the 70s, it would have fitted in perfectly) compared to a black insert :g:

Good one! :lol::D

As above, I feel that sums up my thoughts on the Pelagos perfectly: I like it, but really know that I shouldn't :D