When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with build information on a 6542

panerai153

Having looked at and lusted over the beautiful 6542 examples that some of you good folks have constructed lately, I would very much like to get my hands on one. I looked at the Puretime models when they came out and the wonky rehault was a no no. I just can't afford a prebuilt one from the Vietnam builder or phong. looking at 3500-4500 USD is a little out of my price range. MKII watches is planning a homage to the 6542, but at the rate they turn out watches, I might not live long enough to get one!!

My question is are there any watch modders/ watchsmiths here who could build one for me, possibly using the puretime case, etc and possibly either an acrylic/plastic bezel insert. Not particular about the movement, but the one that folks are getting from Ofrei seems to be a good choice for this model. i believe it's a slow beat (21 thousand vs 28 thousand for the 2836)

I have seen several beautiful 6542's here. I would be more than happy to pay for the parts and labor to have someone assemble one for me if possible. Watch building/ modding far exceeds my skill set.