When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP bezel misalignment

mysql

I have a smp eta 2824 version from PT. The bezel has the standard "innie" instead of an "outie" position. I can't pry it off with my finger and don't want to scratch it up with a knife tool.

Also the crown seems to have stripped as I can't screw it down when not adjusting time. It pops back out.

How much would it cost to get these two things taken care of?

Edited by mysql

hmmm, I decided to do it myself. Used a watch knife (came with a watch kit I bought) and popped the bezel out. Once off, I could pry the bezel off slowly using my fingers. It was stuck on with tape. I realigned it and put 4 drops of superglue down so it would stay in place. Then I snapped it back on and it looks perfect.

I managed to make a small scratch on the top band, it's close to the bezel and hard to see. I am not going to even bother buffing it out.

I managed to make a small scratch on the top band, it's close to the bezel and hard to see. I am not going to even bother buffing it out.

sorry I didnt see this sooner, I was going to suggest you cover the knife, or other prying tool, with tape...this way you dont have to wory about scratching anything.

sorry I didnt see this sooner, I was going to suggest you cover the knife, or other prying tool, with tape...this way you dont have to wory about scratching anything.

I used a microfiber towel across the bracelet when I was prying the bezel off. I guess it slipped because I don't recall seeing the scratch before.

Ah well, not a big deal. The watch looks great. I use something called Zaino (zainobros.com) on my RX-8. It is a polymer protect that keeps the paint beading for about 8 months after application. It also acts like sunblock.. I used that over my SMP then used the zaino gloss spray. The watch feels silky to the touch, and smells good enough to eat :)

I answered on the forum...or at least I thought I covered it on the forum...

I'll go read the PM again...

RG

I have a short memory, I don't even remember what I PM'ed you about. :)

Here's pics of the final product:

post-433-1143423954_thumb.jpg

post-433-1143423972_thumb.jpg

Edited by mysql