When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JL Navy Seals Ltd QC Pictures

denimhead

Not a lots to say really as I've never handled the Gen in real life. Lume application on the triangle@12 looks a bit crap. No pressure testing or timing pictures so no idea if it will be waterproof, I'll assume the Asian movement will need a proper service on arrival as a matter of course. No close up of the engraving on the case back so again fingers crossed.

Any comments Gentlemen?

post-12988-0-97688400-1341337702_thumb.j

post-12988-0-43343200-1341337708_thumb.j

post-12988-0-05436500-1341337717_thumb.j

post-12988-0-88188900-1341337726_thumb.j

Thanks for the info denim, I figured it would be giant. I can handle 42 usually :)

I saw pics of the gen when it came out, really nice watch :)

The original JL twin crown modes where all 44mm, I guess based on where watch trends where a few years ago. Apparently the Navy Seals who used the watches said they were actually too big and ended up getting bashed to bits, so for the single crown Ltd Ed they scaled it down to 42mm. What i personally like about it is that the case is quite 'normal' in terms of lug shape with no over sized over hangs ie-AP Diver. Also on a 22mm rather than the 24-26mm straps on PAM's etc.

When i get it I'll fire you over some wrist shots.

God that looks lovely! The dial/printing/dw and bezel look cool as fcuk! Thanks for the pics! Is that not a plastic cover over that triangle @ 12? It would explain why it looks a little 'off'? I got caught out with that on sinns before :) Lets hope so!

The original JL twin crown modes where all 44mm, I guess based on where watch trends where a few years ago. Apparently the Navy Seals who used the watches said they were actually too big and ended up getting bashed to bits, so for the single crown Ltd Ed they scaled it down to 42mm. What i personally like about it is that the case is quite 'normal' in terms of lug shape with no over sized over hangs ie-AP Diver. Also on a 22mm rather than the 24-26mm straps on PAM's etc.

When i get it I'll fire you over some wrist shots.

Please do! I might take a plunge :)

I just accepted QC pics of mine.

Has the same problem with lume in the "pearl".

Mine looks more like a bird drop than a triangle, but I suppose it can be fixed and it would be worst if it was on the markers or numbers (or even on the hands).

Probably, its more noticeable in the close up shots than on the wrist :-)

Not to burst everyone's bubble but what do you expect for a $400 rep of an $8k piece. The dial numbers are off, the case back according to a couple of folks looks like a $50 rep (light lazer etching) and the bezel triangle needs a redo. At least you can fix the triangle. IMHO, Everyone loses sight of the fact that no one gets it right the first time....not even the Noob Factory. It is one thing to add a different caseback to make a limited edition. It is another to make a whole new watch.

• Like 1

I agree with you watchmeister, I think the watch looks great, at least from the pics, it's never gonna have the finishing of the gen even if we see this 1:1 stuff thrown about a bit too easily these days. I think little things like the number curve and caseback(who really cares about a caseback) are minor minor issues overall. I do think however that if the triangles are shoddy and have messily applied lume every 2nd watch it is on a position that really throws the whole watch off, and that would be poor attention to detail....especially considering what looks like great attention that went into the lume evenness on the dial and dial markers/dial writing etc. It would be a shame that's all. tbh I'm not even sure this is what is happening, so we'll wait until we see some proper reviews :);)

Not to burst everyone's bubble but what do you expect for a $400 rep of an $8k piece. Everyone loses sight of the fact that no one gets it right the first time....not even the Noob Factory. It is one thing to add a different caseback to make a limited edition. It is another to make a whole new watch.

This should be in capital lettering and a sticky :)

I brought up the issue regarding the poorly Lumed triangle and Angus is going to send me QC pictures of another watch to approve. Like you say Watchmeister its a Rep so lets see what it looks like in the flesh. I've personally bought it as my everyday hacker, due to my line of work its going to get bashed,scratched and generally abused. I also raised with Angus the issue of the ceramic bezel insert as I experienced a couple of cracked ones on an early DSSD. He's said that there will be replacements on hand if needed.

• 4 months later...

Not to burst everyone's bubble but what do you expect for a $400 rep of an $8k piece. The dial numbers are off, the case back according to a couple of folks looks like a $50 rep (light lazer etching) and the bezel triangle needs a redo. At least you can fix the triangle. IMHO, Everyone loses sight of the fact that no one gets it right the first time....not even the Noob Factory. It is one thing to add a different caseback to make a limited edition. It is another to make a whole new watch.

that's exactly what I would say too if I were making money off the watch. If I were to spent hundereds of thousands to made a mold of a watch, I'll be sure to make the triangle to simply line up. dumb fcuk.

• 4 weeks later...