When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got the bead blasting unit working!

My wife has a 6ft long bead blasting cabinet and I've been experimenting with it in regards to watch finishes, also knife blades.

So here are some pics today from the latest test of blasting media. In this case silicone carbide, fine and extra-fine grit. The case back used was pretty scratched up. I tore a strip of Gorilla tape and applied it to the middle to create a before and after example as well as divide the 2 finishes. The media had no trouble blasting away the scrapes and scratches. Plus it followed perfectly the uneven edge created by tearing instead of cutting.

I took pics in 5 different lighting scenarios to show how the finish changes between subtle shades of warm and cool grays.

This was SS and am looking for a beater Ti case set to practice on.

And definitely, if I come across an AP Diver, it will end up with a bead blasted case smile1.gif

sb01.jpg

sb02.jpg

sb03.jpg

sb04.jpg

sb05.jpg

That is just awesome!! I love the bead blasted look!!! So you just happened to have this machine "lying around"?? :tu:

As a matter of fact I do, or my wife does :) She's an artist in architectural steel and glass

Below pic the day it arrived, took awhile to get it all hooked up. She made a small removable shelf for me for small parts.

blaster02.jpg

blaster01.jpg

Wow that is awesome! Such a cool tool to have lying around in the garage!!

And drill presses, lathe, welding setup and a bunch of pneumatic tools and grinders. All in a 4000 sq. ft. studio.

Once in awhile she'll let me play on the lathe. It's old but still does the job! Her dad was a tool and die maker, so some of his skills rubbed off.

Here I'm modifying the bevel on a 3646 bezel...

bezelMod01.jpg

And drill presses, lathe, welding setup and a bunch of pneumatic tools and grinders. All in a 4000 sq. ft. studio.

Once in awhile she'll let me play on the lathe. It's old but still does the job! Her dad was a tool and die maker, so some of his skills rubbed off.

Here I'm modifying the bevel on a 3646 bezel...

That's so cool! No wonder you married her! ;)

Hey you're in SoCal? How come we haven't seen you at any GTG's yet?

• 1 month later...