When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2824 Keeps stopping

ryaku

Hi All,

My SMP ETA2824 has worked very well till yesterday.

Now It seems that the central second hand stops very frequently always in the same position.

If i shake the watch the hand starts running again.

There's clearance between the hands, my only guess is the hand touching the crystal... but the crystal looks perfectly even.

By the way, also in the past the watch was used to stop (after days, that's why i was fine with that) all the time with the central second hand in the same position.

Now it happens every 60 secs, the hand completes one turn and it stops.

Do you have some idea?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

stoping in the same position indicates a bind. possible touching the bottom of the crystal, or a slight bend in cannon pinon. Ck the movement with the hour and minute hand removed, that may point you in the right direction. After you remove the hands, while its running, look at the post the second hand attaches to, make sure its running straight in side the minute tower. If it looks like its closer to 1 side than the other during its rotation, it could be touching the minute tower when the second hand is installed. If so, its an easy fix. Good luck