When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looks fake to me, comments?

Legend

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-Herren-Uhr-Watch-18k-Rotgold-inkl-BOX-/310373610089?_trksid=p4340.m1986&_trkparms=aid%3D555001%26algo%3DPW.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29%26meid%3D499058172137698469%26pid%3D100013%26prg%3D1013%26rk%3D2%26#ht_6665wt_1139

I was looking through the thread started by daytona1984 (yo buddy!) and found another APROO (plenty of them actually) which looks fake to me. The surprising thing is that this seller has over 24000 and 99.8% good feedback. This watch is listed for over 26.000Euros.

Is there any way this could be an authentic watch at all?

Gen or a very well built franken. Most likely gen

I am new to this, and my question is one of curiosity, not challenge: How could you tell please?

To me, I think the pushers look too flat at the top, and the hands seem to be rep ones. Thank you.

I am new to this, and my question is one of curiosity, not challenge: How could you tell please?

To me, I think the pushers look too flat at the top, and the hands seem to be rep ones. Thank you.

Where do I start?

1) Crown in the right misaligned position. With the AP ROO the chrono module sits on top of the movement hence the chrono pushers and the crown should not align. Only gens and well built franken achieve that.

2) Due to (1) the DW is sunken

3) The DW font

4) DW distance from the tachy ring

5) Case thickness

6) Case back thickness

7) Case back engraving

.... and to add one cosmetic thing....the gen AP ROO uses a special kind of kautschuck/rubber ... that material will get shiny, like patina with the time wearing it....the reps do not achieve these results (looking close to the bezel edges and the chrono pushers you´ll see this shine).

Theo

Would you consider the RG bezel as well? The RG is super sharp on the cognac hornback strap. See if you can find one to check out in the flesh first.

But the rubberclad, of course, is a matter personal taste and you have to get what YOU like!

Sounds good.. and yes I am willing to consider the RG finish in any form, as long as it appears aesthetically pleasing in the end. :)

• 2 weeks later...