When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Project.. Destro Love....

V

Well I won't say much about this... another succesful transplant of Oliver (repaustria)..

The funny of this story is that when Oliver did it and sent it to me, I figured that instead of Luminous hands it had Tritium Hour and minute hands :blink:

The watch was glowing like a torch and the tritium well like tritium.

I had though bought a set of Luminous 'Base' hands so it had to go back for the correction ;)

Now I need a good crown (easy --- when Homer gets stock), a lefty crown guard and maybe a correct serials caseback to be finished (both extremely difficult to impossible).

Quick photos here on OEM black calf ;)

147011-15481.jpg

147011-15482.jpg

147011-15483.jpg

147011-15484.jpg

147011-15485.jpg

147011-15486.jpg

Hi V. Your Destro looks fantastic. The dial seems to be one of those where Luminova is thinly applied and the recessed markers are more obvious than many gens.............the best combination in my opinion. Contrary to what most people think, this series of dial B to G series are not painted but are also of sandwich construction with the top layer being very thin and usually the cut-outs are fully filled with the luminous material. However if you look closely at this Destro you can clearly see the edges of the recessed markers, which just looks superb. Wear it well.

Hi V. Your Destro looks fantastic. The dial seems to be one of those where Luminova is thinly applied and the recessed markers are more obvious than many gens.............the best combination in my opinion. Contrary to what most people think, this series of dial B to G series are not painted but are also of sandwich construction with the top layer being very thin and usually the cut-outs are fully filled with the luminous material. However if you look closely at this Destro you can clearly see the edges of the recessed markers, which just looks superb. Wear it well.

Well Tom i have noticed what you said.. on this B series dial the luminous indexes are not painted but recessed..not exactly like a sandwich dial but it looks beautiful...

I don't know when Panerai transitioned to the painted dials but i don't believe it is that late as G series..

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Good news on the horizon.. The new lefty 239 Submersible has a very accurate lefty crown guard that might help me finish this project...

I may have to buy the whole watch though (cg not available in spares) but I like it anyways ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well.. what can I say.. I am at :cloud9:

When I first started this project I thought that it will never be an accurate version of the genuine destro mainly because the makers did not care to do an accurate lefty crown guard.

They haven't done one in their past lefty models and why do it know..

But then the Lefty Submersible came out.. with an incorrect crown guard of course for an H model but with the PERFECT crown guard for my historic B series destro.

I had to buy the watch just for the crown guard.

The screws were fitted ok in my destro case BUT the lever was too high so it was sent to Finepics to take it care of.

Today I got the watch back and what can I say... I am SO SO SO HAPPY.. I have a 99,9% rep from the front. Next move will be to custom made a nice caseback with the right serials and it will be almost 100%...

Have I told you that I am very happy? :yeah::yu:

168850-10360.jpg

168850-10361.jpg

168850-10362.jpg

168850-10363.jpg

168850-10364.jpg

168850-10365.jpg

I have to say it was a pleasure to finish the job for you V - that dial is just so lovely - the rep dials are a mile off in fact. Its strange that it has almost a plastic coated look to the surface of it which I suspect is the result of a chemical process on the dial metal rather than a painted/printed surface. Also the lettering looks different for the same reason as well. Enjoy my friend - I am very envious!!!

I have to say it was a pleasure to finish the job for you V - that dial is just so lovely - the rep dials are a mile off in fact. Its strange that it has almost a plastic coated look to the surface of it which I suspect is the result of a chemical process on the dial metal rather than a painted/printed surface. Also the lettering looks different for the same reason as well. Enjoy my friend - I am very envious!!!

Thanks Mark... it needed your touch to make it perfect ;)