When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new 6265 minh dial arrived

cc33

I asked you all if I should drop 1000$ on a minh dial and you all said not to I'm assuming because of the price. But after searching high and low there really was nothing comparable except for maybe the ndt dials which are sold out and could have been just as much $.. so in conclusion, I'm an idiot but a pretty happy idiot Id have to say, its really nice with a loop and looks way better than any others. Subdial spacing and print quality especially. Here's a pic of it and a pic of the phong dial I could have had for 600$ that I thought wasn't nice enough.. by the way I still haven't received phongs replacement dial.. my watchmaker has the watch and ill post pics of it mounted later on when I get it back.

post-38788-0-37956600-1342454954_thumb.j

post-38788-0-57985600-1342454975_thumb.j

I love the CORONET on your dial. See the difference between yours and mine(no pun please) ?

Make sure you post pictures of the post build. I'm still waiting on this dial from DW/Steve as I never got it with the hands. The one I used came from CHi(Thanks brother)

E

Nice Dial CC =)) hey since you guys know so much about this model watch ( I had never seen one before till I saw your other thread on your build) I figuerd Id ask. I was checking out the selection at Joshua/ pure clones yesterday and came across their vintage daytona page and was wondering how good or bad you guys think these clones are : http://www.1-pc8838....?page=1&sort=3d

http://www.1-pc8838....us-p-10081.html

they are oviously very cheap in comparison to a build from scratch thats why I was curious, figuer at that price might be worth it just for parts no if making a build.

Once agin CC grat I know youve put a lot of time and effort into your build cant wait to see the updated pics

Edited by chocho

Thanks chocho, although I shouldn't really take much credit, phong made it for me. Not really that hard to spend $ lol but it was fun. Those watches are fine but almost impossible to add gen parts. If you are happy with knowing you can never upgrade any parts then yes they are quite good. I would personally thin out the case and work the case a bit but that's all I would be able to do. Dw or David Wong or whoever is pretending to be him at the moment,, don't ask long story, has a version for around 350$ that can accept some gen parts and is generally of better quality. I can give you his email if you want. I personally would go that route if I had a limited budget. My 2 cents...

chocho, those cheaper Daytona's have many many flaws.

The vintage Daytona model is really an advanced build for the advanced rep collector.

In order to get into this watch you need a a good case to start with. DW had a good thing going for awhile, at an affordable price..but he's now dubious. I don't reccomend the cartel watches to put any money into if your going to build a nice Daytona.

They're rare but do exist unless this is someone's build this seems to be gen to compare.. its a 6263 but same dial

I'm not saying that l don't believe in their existence.

I just believe that those are fakes.

Edited by Akira
  • Like 1

chocho, those cheaper Daytona's have many many flaws.

The vintage Daytona model is really an advanced build for the advanced rep collector.

In order to get into this watch you need a a good case to start with. DW had a good thing going for awhile, at an affordable price..but he's now dubious. I don't reccomend the cartel watches to put any money into if your going to build a nice Daytona.

Thxs woof naa im not planing on building or getting one of these yet I was curious since I came across them yesterday Im still planing on building the 6538 that you guys all have been waing in on my other other thread but thatnks for the reply I figuered they were very flawed just that for the money they caught my attention =) haha

Edited by chocho

Quick thoughts:

-The MQ's a good dial, overall, but it looks as if you'll still need to paint black enamel on all the metal hour markers. For the price paid, it would have been much better if you didn't need to mod it post-purchase!

-Subdial fonts and markings look good, but are spaced too far away from the outer edges. Look at the white space on each subdial's circumference. Now compare it with Phong's and the gen's*

*As alluded to by Akira, a lot of Rolex experts (including the majority of VRF, I think) believe that the 3-Color Rolex Oyster Cosmograph is not a legitimate dial. Google "3CROC" to find the article on DRSD (first hit), and to read the long and unexciting debate between John Mayer and Kamal Choraria. This dial is now referred to as "The Mayer Dial", so you know which side he comes down on.

Great info!! Thanks. I know there are problems with this and every other rep pn dial but I chose it because the print was so fine compared to the thicker print of all the others. The spacing of the subdials is off on phongs there's too much space between the subdial and rim of outer dial.. this one had the exact right tiny amount of space I've seen on the supposed gens. I guess what I'm saying is I bought this one because it was the best of what I could have had, others might disagree. I had no idea there was such a debate going on I'm very curious to read up on it thanks again.

The ingod one seems to be alot of bang for the buck imo spacing looks off between the coronet and Rolex when compared to Mayers one but that seems off in all of them and oviuously they would have to paint the 3 markes that for some reason stayed white in that foto but oviously the print quaility is not like the minhQ but is about an 8th of the price im no expert but it seems like a good option. also subdial spacing looks pretty good and you can use the diffrence to order something else from MinhQ for another project maybee a 6538 case we were talking about that he sells for $900 =O, how long was the shipping from minh CC incase i decide to order my case from him ? I dont know your level of expertice but painting dial markers on a $1000 dial is a bit risky if you dont have the experience just my 2 cents hope this helps

http://www.ingod44.c...lour-black-red/

$155

RL_D_006_a__42223_zoom.jpg

Edited by chocho

I agree with you it is, but only if my total build was on a budget. I really had no other choice imo after spending 6k on the rest of the watch... The coronet on that one is huge and the printing thick but all in all not bad.

I agree with you it is, but only if my total build was on a budget. I really had no other choice imo after spending 6k on the rest of the watch... The coronet on that one is huge and the printing thick but all in all not bad.

yea i figuered, you already spent that much no time to pinch pennies =), how long did MQ take to get the dial to your door and what country are you located in if you dont mind me asking. I feel your pain I havent pulled the trigger on my 6538 project cause there just isnt a 2 line dial out there that closely resembles the original all of them have to little spacing between the 2 lines when your spending thousands to recreat a truely rare watch you want it to be as close as possible to the last detail so I definatly hear ya.

Edited by chocho

The MQ is the best, current aftermarket Newman dial I have seen & the 1 I have in my '41 (I replaced the coronet with a gen & painted the index markers)

6241palmed0042__-2_tonemapped_vibrant1.jpg

The best part of the MQ Newman is the thickness of paint used on the registers. In the right light, the paint appears thick & shiny, which is a characteristic I have only seen on some gen Newman dials (never on an aftermarket)

IMG_00551.jpg

If the registers were just a tad deeper (more 3-d) & the horizontal loop in the P in CHRONOGRAPH a bit wider, I would have trouble distinguishing these dials from gens from an arm's length away (my usual benchmark).

It took 3 days with FedEx but would have been 2 if it didn't fall on a weekend. It was really fast but I specified for him to use FedEx. Well believe it or not when my watchmaker removed the dial and hands he found the movement to be dry and dirty. Those were his exact words. I have to wait a week and spend 300$ now and I have to confront phong about this. Pretty embarasing if you ask me. I wouldn't do that if I were him, its like he took it out of a bin and put it in without servicing it, shameful!