When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Avenger n-factory wrong logo?

Rick James

I've been looking at the Super Avenger (2008) on Joshuas site. You can't tell in the pics on the site, but the QC pics he sent me seem to have the wrong Breitling logo. It doesn't seem to have a loop in the flying-b between the wings. The gens seem to have the typical loop inside of the B rather than touching the vertical line of the B. I asked for a better pic, but they're insisting its fine and saying I should just zoom in, but it's only a 800x600 pic, so obviously i can't zoom in past 1:1 without distorting the image. It also seems like its just a little crooked.

Is this just how the Super Avenger reps are? Or am I looking at a newer/wrong gen?

I see what you mean....the little loop Inside the B sems to be missing. I doubt anyone will notice without a loop. But I do see what you're refering to In regurads to the loop...or lack of.

I have had three SA and never noticed until now.

Mike

• Like 1

Yea Joshua said no one has ever complained about it before, but it really stuck out for me. I've never seen a Breitling logo without the loop inside the B. I guess I'm going to go for the Omega or a different Breitling model. The lack of loop is going to annoy me too much. It's such a beautiful looking watch otherwise, makes me sad.

your pretty picky eh?

anyway I just looked at my Super Avenger Blacksteel and it does have the loop, but the brietling logo is printed on this models dial, not a badge like the regular SA. Just anohter option if you really want an SA and dont mind a PVD watch.

your pretty picky eh?

anyway I just looked at my Super Avenger Blacksteel and it does have the loop, but the brietling logo is printed on this models dial, not a badge like the regular SA. Just anohter option if you really want an SA and dont mind a PVD watch.

I'm not that picky when it comes to smaller stuff, like the font being off a little on a dial, shade of lume on a PAM, or the hand stack on a Rolex (though I don't like Rolex). The logo is just too annoying for me since i would notice it every time I'd wear it. I'm thinking about the PVD, but I don't know if that's my thing. I'm also concerned about the finish wear, how is your PVD holding up, any wear, rubbing through, etc?

I really like this Breitling, I've seen a few gens in the $5-6k range, not toooo terrible, may have to buy one if I can't find a decent rep.

I own a couple of gen swiss watches, so I know that the rep quality is never close to the real deal under magnification, but I don't want one that I can tell is wrong on a 800x600 pixelated QC photo :-(.

How hard is it to change the dial? Sounds like something beyond my skills. Business/computer stuff, sure, watches, I'm a nub. I have some watch tools, I can open the case back, re-size em, etc.. I've put a screw that came looks around the rotor back in place one time on a rep, lol.