When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR on the HBB V6 ... compared to gen

PeteM

I have just started getting into Hublots... as a few of you might know I am a PAM guy...

AS with PAMs everyone talks about AR on the hublots happy.gif

I did a little research myself and found just like PAMs ... Hublots AR vary from model to model and year to year... so in some cases the blue/purply hue on the V6 AR can be very similar to the gens..

To make the point below are images of a HBB V6 SS and a pic of a gen HBB SS but with a ceramic bezel... this was changed by the owner when he purchased it.. the gen is the one on the right in the 2 watch shot.... the other is a V1 or V2 I am not sure... the picture is not mine but another members which I hope he wont mind me using happy.gif

Gen and V1/V2 shot

img5448l.jpg

Gen

img5462q.jpg

My V6 SS

SDC14501.jpg

OK my pic skills aint great but you get the idea happy.gif

So for those of you concerned about AR... Dont be... its just the same as say the gen crystal height etc.. only a very few might know happy.gif So dont go removing it unless you are convinced your model is diffferent happy.gif

Thanks mates.... I know its not really relevant to the guys going all out with their reps but hopefully this assures the guys who arent heavy modders or cant afford it that you shouldnt consider this AR hue as a tell.. like we use to with PAMs...

It would be a shame to remove the AR just because of this or to get an AR thats got a different type of hue... like yellowy...

W... Talking about AR..... I found a nice pic for you of the Oceanographic.....

I also have some great macros of a gen if you are interested mate

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has Uwe updated his AR recently?

His AR always had a yellow/golden hue... more noticeable on black dials

I saw some of his recent stuff back from spa work.. and they were same as previously...

the problem with the ARs is not only the color but the overall effect in different lighting conditions. The V6 has a good AR but the crystal has an overall blue tint with indoors diffused daylight. Under direct sunlight or strong indoor lighting it looks good but overall it has the same issue as the old PAM ARs.

Pictures rarely help though.

I have a chieftang colorless ar coated crystal on my hbb

May not be 100% accurate but my crystal looks better than the gen

But that depends on the model mate :) A lot of HBBs have colourless AR... some have a lot of blue some have a little....its a big a minefield as PAMs :)