When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just how difficult should it be to remove pins from a UPO Stainless Steel Bracelet for Sizing?

PAM1962

Greetings,

I am new so be gentle. :)

I purchased a UPO 45.5 with a stainless steel band from one of our TD's. The watch is AMAZING and I am very pleased with its quality.

The problem I am having is in sizing the band. I have a standard plastic tool designed to allow removal of the link pins. I ran a Google and YouTube search on the matter and watched tutorials. Seemed very straightforward,...until I actually tried it! The pins seemed to come almost all the way out quite easily, but even with a pair of needle nose pliers I dared not pull any more firmly, but was still unable to remove them!! :(

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Am I just being too timid? All the tutorials mention the pins should be (relatively) easy to remove. I am 'pushing' them in the direction indicated on the band.

What am I doing wrong? Should I just give up and take the bracelet to a shop?

Best,

PAM1962

They can be hard to remove. I've alo had some bend tool pins from getting the link pins out. I'd say, make sure you are pushing them in the right direction, and keep at it untill they're out. If you're really in doubt then take it to a shop but in the end it's not rocket science :)

Yep UPOs and Gen POs are very hard to size, I use 2 tools one to move the pin and another to get it all the way out

This has got to be the nicest online community anywhere! Thanks to you all.

Just one more question: do you REMOVE them in the direction of the arrows, or the direction OPPOSITE THE ARROWS?

Best,

CC

I recommend you follow this guide on RWI, worked like a charm for me after I used his guide to modify one of the pins as a 'pusher'. Push in the direction of the arrow to get them out. Note the bit about the pin tube, don't want to lose that as I almost did.

http://www.replica-w...zing-16010.html

Edited by toasternz