When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where's your 'how to uncase a Pam'?

Rolexman

• 1 year later...

First step:

casebacktool.jpg

next step... assuming you have a 2497 movement... loosen (do not remove) the screw indicated:

Crownstemscrew.jpg

Remove the winding stem with a gentle turning motion, in order to disengage the gears.

Edit, to state the obvious... you need to remove the crown guard before the winding stem cam be withdrawn. but you knew that already... :D

Another edit, just for fun... our highly skilled replica watchmakers made three mistakes when they made this movement. Can you spot them all?

Crownstemscrew.jpg

Another edit, just for fun... our highly skilled replica watchmakers made three mistakes when they made this movement. Can you spot them all?

It is missing the balance jewel and not sure about the other two maybe misspelling? Officne and saventeen?

I happened to save the old post by The Zigmeister :notworthy:

I tried to attach the saved files in a zip file here, but it did not work (it keeps saying me "You did not select a file to upload" ?!?).

Anyone interested, PM me your email address and I'll send you the file (2.6 KB) via email.

Edit Dec 13th 2007: offer retired due to this thread.

Apologies to anyone who might need it.