When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problems with Noob Factory QC

marlin22

I just received two watches (127/217)today from one of our TD. I bought them for full modding by me, and was very surprised by all the QC problems I have found on them. I figured I'd share so the membership can learn what to look for.

127:

Biggest problem was the fact that it came with only one CG screw holding down the CG and a noticeable dent on one of the lugs. Next, there were fingerprints all over the movement and a very obvious paint overflow right by the OP text.

QC1.jpg

QC2.jpg

QC4.jpg

217:

The 217 did not have as many problems, but the again it is not as popular as the 127. That said, it still had fingerprints all over the movement, even on the pallet bridge. And as I've seen on almost every CDG bridge, they all seem to have micro scratches here and there. In many cases they are not visible to the naked eye, but they are present.

QC3.jpg

I am curious if anyone else has found these or other QC problems with their Noob watch. I know there have been several 111 sent out with loose set lever screw.

I must state I do not request QC picture from my TD because I completely dismantle the watch, change and clean the components, and for the most part I can fix all the problems I find, but I think that starting today I will request QC picture! And I advise everyone else do so as well...

I didn't have these issues with my Noob PAM127. It was immaculate and the watch was by far the best I've purchased in terms of quality and finish.

...and not to be a contrarian, IMHO I think the QC pictures would have shown the paint overflow.

These were from a TD? Interesting...Is this the first purchase from this particular dealer for you?

Edited by PaneraiFan315

Noob is building watches with the lights switched off at the moment to not attract any attention. Pretty stellar job given the circumstances... :fool:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry M I forgot the OP mate...

Its no excuse regardless but unfortunately a common issue... though I reckon that lug damage might be more dealer issue :) the dirty movements I reckon are on every single rep and the scratches for that matter....

Its lucky in a way that you are a competent modder.... if you had been like me it would have been a bigger upset ....for sure!