When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Regulating a DG2813

yeldarb

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Move the small hand twords the fat one to reduse speed. Move the small hand away from the fat one to increase speed.

And never move the fat hand!

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Here is a pic that someone made here on rwg :) its not the same movement but its the same principle. And dont move the fat hand, its the balace and you dont want to [censored] with that!

1a7eae8d.jpg

On any of the automatics, move them closer slows them down, move them apart speeds them up. That adds or reduces tension on the hairspring. Need I say, make very small adjustments. Also, stop the watch when you make the adjustment,If you were to touch the hairspring while it was running, Instant death to your movement. Hope this helps

On any of the automatics, move them closer slows them down, move them apart speeds them up. That adds or reduces tension on the hairspring. Need I say, make very small adjustments. Also, stop the watch when you make the adjustment,If you were to touch the hairspring while it was running, Instant death to your movement. Hope this helps

Thanks for the tip, 'instant death to your movement' gave me a chuckle. But I've noticed on some eta movements such as the 2846, the smaller hand is covered and seems rather difficult to even reach it without taking some parts out as illustrated below in this picture. How would you regulate this?

post-27105-0-39683800-1344923194_thumb.j

I am by no means an expert but may be able to offer a little help. Where the hairspring attaches to the balance [censored] is called the stud. You typically don't want to move that unless you have a timing machine. If you move it without one, you run the risk of putting your movement out of beat (uneven tick tocks) and ruining positional timing. The two movements you pictured are regulated by moving the arm with the curb pins (two vertical pins that the hairspring rides in). They act as a means of changing the active length of the hairspring. The shorter the hairspring, the faster the watch will run. The longer the hairspring, the slower it will run. It isn't necessary to stop the movement when regulating but be very careful not to apply downward pressure or kink the hairspring. In order to regulate the ETA movement you pictured, you would have to remove the automatic device first which is held in place by two black screws. Hope this helps!