When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 5513 Bezel replacement

sishac

Well, about 3 weeks ago I received my "new" MBW 5513 from Speedy...he did a wonderful job putting together the old-school 5513 case, the clark crystal, the "gen" 704 rolex crown, my "gen" refinished dial (which I think might actually be right after really close observation...I think it is a serif feet-first) and my new 2846 eta movement....watch was regulated, and waterproofed...I've even taken it swiming!!!

This morning I had to change the tire in my car and in the process I had to grab another tire from in my garage. As I pulled the tire up, I hit my wirst on the hood lip of another car...ouch...I got the tire and walked out. I then noticed that the bezel from my sub was gone. I have not yet been able to find it but am 99% sure it happened right there. If I can't find my bezel, what is the next best option (I know that gen should be an option, but that may be out of the pricerange)....

Suggestions????

I picked up a clarks bezel and insert package...it comes with a crystal retaining ring and tension ring...looking at my watch, the crystal retaining ring seems to be there, so I'll try to use everything else. Right now I just put on a cheap bezel from another sub...the kind with that silly plastic ring that goes around. It seems to be holding in on fine for the time being, and more importantely, I can wear the watch until the clark stuff arrives!

Tom

• 5 weeks later...

I'm actually going to replace my crystal as well since it seems to measure smaller than any of the Clark retaining rings. Strangely enough the 30mm of the crystal was big enough for the original retaining ring (MBK)