When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Double AR crystal from Sunnydale on upo 45 installing

the_rymeister

Well done Rymeister....your PO looks fantastic. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Some very good news on the 42mm crystals. Thats going to make a lot of people a lot of happy. :)

I'm not a huge project/mod guy.... but this Is one I could see myself gettting Into soon enough. Again.....well done Ry

Mike

Sorry for being really dumb, but I take it fitting the crystal with a crystal press means the crystal is a 'friction fit'? Also Rymeister, I'm guessing you used a genuine crystal gasket when fitting? I really want to get this mod on mine, I fancy a little project to keep me busy! Something weird I've also noticed, when I check my watch whilst sitting inside a car, the crystal almost disappears as though it was double-AR'd! It must be the coatings on the car glass coming into play!

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt I used the rep gasket which came on the watch, I tried fitting another double ar'd crystal a few months ago with a gen gasket and the gasket was to big resulting in me chipping the crystal :(

And yes you need to press it I'm with a press, you can get it started using your fingers to gently locate it then finish with press.

Hope this helps :)

Look superb. Can you comment on how this compares to the gen?

For me the 45 gen crystal is a bit domed and the double AR is not as easily noticable, whereas the 42mm double AR is on a whole other level that a gen crystal is absolutely necessary.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have now a reservation list thread at RWI for 42 mm PO crystals, will be made with colorless double side AR coating.

Sorry for threadcrapping but just to update, crystals finally arrived and they are super nice. On the left my UPO with a genuine Omega crystal, on the right my 42 mm PO with my crystal and new double side AR coating:

IMG_43681024x768_zpsd5aa91e2.jpg

Rep AR:

IMG_43141024x768_zps71ba7cd6.jpg

My AR:

IMG_43571024x768_zpsdbfcf41c.jpg

Amazing sunny, stunningly close to gen AR, how it should be done!

Thanks, I am still amazed by myself too, it is so close I would definitely choose this over a genuine crystal. When I look at those 2 watches, I cannot see any difference in crystals, because they do not exist most of the times :)

I am starting to ship those now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, I am still amazed by myself too, it is so close I would definitely choose this over a genuine crystal. When I look at those 2 watches, I cannot see any difference in crystals, because they do not exist most of the times :)

I am starting to ship those now. 

By the way, these will fit LM too.