When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm loving this franken

gasdoc

Picked this up from a forum member. It had a couple of problems when I got it.

Old school case

Gen dial

Gen hands

Double AR crystal from PO v5

Clone mvt with slow date change.

Since I've gotten it I've given it a Swiss heart transplant, cleaned the dial, polished the case up a bit and added a gen bracelet.

I just need to touch up the lume at 3 and 7 oclock and repaint the bezel numbers.

DE08FC04-D132-42CA-B080-0BDA00E0E5FD-12100-0000173773599A78.jpg

I am loving it. Gen bracelet is worn but makes the watch feel awesome on the wrist. Dial is simply amazing. It's hard to capture in pics.

EE79C91A-EF2A-4882-9F62-E5D64AFE4FF3-12100-00001738BC673B29.jpg

I guess I could add a gen crown and bezel but I'm not that anal right now.

Definitely a rare bird....back in the day, the Omega Seamasters - especially the ones with the closed cases and even powered by an eta 2892 movement were indeed the watches to get back then. They even had the pearl correct. Yes, the pearl.

Unfortunately, that factory closed down and for some reason or other, the factories today never got back to making the Seamasters as good, if not better (took 4 versions of the 42 PO). They improved various Breitling, Rolex & IWC models, but never Omega with the exception of the Planet Oceans.

Wear this watch well my friend. That (along with all of my departed franken Seamasters) was a top favorite of mine.

Thanks, I'm liking it so much I almost bought the gen, but it's not worth it since this one is so good.

No need - you got the gen dial and hands and bracelet. Just repaint the numerals to match the gen insert. THis one is definitely a keeper.

Let me know if you got anything else special you want to let go. :)

LOL - All of my frankens are on other members' wrists :(

I do have some Omegas still in my collection, but nothing like i what i used to have in my collection.