When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 bezel insert replacement

dieselpower

OK. So. I don't know anything about modding but couldn't resist trying something out. Bezel bleaching. I just got an MBW 5513 and decided to remove the bezel insert (thanks to advices on removal). I had an old MBW insert so I popped the pearl off with my fingernail (easy). Then removed the bezel assembly from the new MBW, amazingly easy, just prized it off with the blade of a knife. Found that the bezel insert was glued in so removed insert (damaged it in the process) with a small screwdriver and then scraped off residual glue. Bleached insert twice in household thick bleach, must admit went a bit too far for my liking but what the hell. Then had to decide on an adhesive for the replacement insert. The fit was very loose and also sat a little low in the bezel itself. Anyway I decided to use a plumbing product called LS-X which is a silicon based sealing compound, readily available here in the UK. It's flexible but quite strong and of course waterproof. Anyway let it set for an hour then popped the bezel back on with my fingers et voila. Watch on a NATO and it looks in my opinion loads better. Here it is (sorry about orientation of photo!):

post-2563-0-41144000-1346239417_thumb.jp

• Like 1