When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sourcing MBW Cases

phelps22

There used to be a few dealers, members etc on here who could get them but it seems the guy who sells them at the MBK store is such a p-rick that they are not buying them like they used to.

Once in a while one will show up for sale but not that often now that they are harder to get.

I have one of the later MBK/MBW 1680 cases and in reality it is more suited to a 5512/13 project if you want to use a genuine rolex 1520 etc movement.

There are lots of posts on here about these cases if you search them out.

There used to be a few dealers, members etc on here who could get them but it seems the guy who sells them at the MBK store is such a p-rick that they are not buying them like they used to.

Once in a while one will show up for sale but not that often now that they are harder to get.

I have one of the later MBK/MBW 1680 cases and in reality it is more suited to a 5512/13 project if you want to use a genuine rolex 1520 etc movement.

There are lots of posts on here about these cases if you search them out.

I have a new version MBW 5513 but I thought I read somewhere that it was not suitable for fitting gen movement, is this not the case (sorry for pun, couldn't resist it)?

"I have a new version MBW 5513 but I thought I read somewhere that it was not suitable for fitting gen movement, is this not the case (sorry for pun, couldn't resist it)?"

I have never examined a 5513 MBK/MBW case and do not know about the internal differences but the newer 1680 case I have is very close to a genuine 5512/13 on the inside. I laid a 1520 with a 26mm IG44 5513 dial mounted on it inside the MBK/MBW 1680 case and it looked like it was a pretty close fit, case screws and all.

Since a 1570/75 with a calendar spacer is a bit thicker than the 1520, I doubt it is as close to being a 'drop in' as the 1520 with 5513 dial in the same case. The movement being thicker from the stem center to the dial would cause the stem to be too far to the back side of the case tube.

If the MBK/MBW 5513 case uses an eta 2836 with the calendar works removed and the calendar spacer still mounted, it may be the exact same case internally as the 1680 but I do not know what movement etc they used.