When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should i get Breitling Superocean 42?

van_damme1988

Hi :) I am thinking about getting new reps and I need advice. I am always looking for something "interesting". Few years ago I fell in love with IWC 3714, but according to movement problems, i decided to wait until I can afford gens once in the future (100 with his stunning 3714-82 frankens is a damn lucky guy :)). I have bought Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver Chronograph RG/BK instead, which are simply great, but not suitable for daily use (thick and heavy). I am not fan of Rolex or PAM (too mainstream, everyone have them ;)), as well as i was not fan of Breitling - the same problem. But I have changed my mind yesterday, when I saw Breitling Superocean 42 in the shop window. This particular model is something different from those usual Navitimers, etc. I was also considering IWC 3767-08, but cannot find proper reps with all three subdials in black color and I do not like Slevin as much as 3767 (and the next disadvantage is, that they are thicker than Superocean 42). My question is - should i buy Breitling Superocean 42? Thoughts, flaws, recommendations? I personaly like the Black/Yellow version and i wonder if it is available only with black Diver Pro strap, or you can get gen Black/Yellow Superocean strap. I have also seen, that reps offer 3 or 4 different movement options (depends on which seller offers them), so which one is better? Has anyone exchanged or modded dial and hands for more accurate gen colour? Thanks for your help :)

post-40168-0-98167500-1347189027_thumb.j