When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sean's 16610 build completed w/ 3135

irolexu

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case is marked 16610 not 16610t. Someone there would catch it.

Now put it on a rubber b strap with gen clasp and you could fool anyone ;)

Since you have an all gen head minus the case You could have the serials removed and say it was an aftermarket replacement case. Or just wear it for the amazing piece it is and smile :)

There's only a few "mods" I could think of doing and that's removing the case engravings and having them redone professionally and maybe switch over to the AR cyclops cause I have noticed the glare can be real annoying in certain lighting. Other then those things mentioned I absolutely love the watch and it keeps perfect time

I could have bought an early 2000s but heres my issue with that. 1st it would not have been as fun as collecting the parts and building it. 2 it would have been a holes case which I did not want. I did manage to keep this within a reasonable budget. I bought a gen datejust for 2000.00 dollars then I dropped the movement and sold the DJ parts for 1000.00 so I am only 1000 for the movement. but heres an overview of the price

Case,crown, and tube: 420.00

movement: 1000.00

dial: 400.00

hands: 150.00

xstal: 250.00

bezel: 300.00

gen retaining ring: 22.00

NOS insert: 150.00

TC bracelet: 30.00

TOTAL: $2722.00 for a practically brand new mostly gen watch...not bad if I say so myself! and I sold my TW best to recoupe some money so its more like I spent 2000.00 now who can argue with that :)

I could have bought an early 2000s but heres my issue with that. 1st it would not have been as fun as collecting the parts and building it. 2 it would have been a holes case which I did not want. I did manage to keep this within a reasonable budget. I bought a gen datejust for 2000.00 dollars then I dropped the movement and sold the DJ parts for 1000.00 so I am only 1000 for the movement. but heres an overview of the price

Case,crown, and tube: 420.00

movement: 1000.00

dial: 400.00

hands: 150.00

xstal: 250.00

bezel: 300.00

gen retaining ring: 22.00

NOS insert: 150.00

TC bracelet: 30.00

TOTAL: $2722.00 for a practically brand new mostly gen watch...not bad if I say so myself! and I sold my TW best to recoupe some money so its more like I spent 2000.00 now who can argue with that :)

I see it like restoring a classic car. You can buy a completed project for X amount, or spend just as much and sourcing parts yourself. In the end is all about the hunt for me.

Looks good IRU.

If I can sell some watches and parts I will hit you up for an insert or two.

E

• 1 month later...