When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here they are...my 16610, 16610LV and a beater

rsh

Hey fellow sub lovers, as you may know, I really like the 16610.....like many of you, I came here looking for the best sub....started with chinese wok sub from a member here, then a silix special (that was special), then some timeshops specials, went through several noob subs, then wm9 v1, v2, v3 and now TC sub. Bought a Sean case but decided it was a bit harder to assemble given it comes with no movement ring, TC strap needs working to get on, etc. I settled on the TC case which is what these 2 subs use. They both have a v3 strap which has an excellent SEL fit. The invicta is an 8926 with a few mods. It is my beater since I cant bear to wear my 16610s as beaters.

In case you want to compare rep versus gen....there are a few differences here

Black sub has gen AR cyclops, gen insert, gen crown

Green sub is all rep. Insert was from BK, it is not a wm9 one or the TC one, but something BK had lying around and he gave it to me. I used a watchmaterial pearl on there (one of the nicer ones from the batches).

I have to comment that the crowns are real similar. Does a gen one make a difference ? You decide. The crystals are real similar. I think the TC crystal's date magnifies too much and distorts. Those of you with a TC sub, check to see if your cyclops magnifies more than mine. I removed the cyclops and attached a different one on there. I think the cyclops came off a noob sub. I must admit the crystal edges are real similar and I cant tell a difference in clarity really.

I did use a BK datewheel overlay. TC dwo is nice, has better font and print but the whole thing is printed a tad to the left so depending on how you center it, either all numbers are a tad left justified or some center and some are way too far left, etc. This is on both v1 and v2.

These subs just were at BKs where he pressure tested them for me. My collection is complete and this officially marks the completion of my quest for a good sub. I am going to try and not let the cyclops mag on the green sub bother me...LOL.

DSCN8464.jpg

DSCN8466.jpg

DSCN8467.jpg

DSCN8468.jpg

DSCN8469.jpg

DSCN8470.jpg

DSCN8471.jpg

DSCN8472.jpg

DSCN8473.jpg

DSCN8474.jpg

DSCN8475.jpg

DSCN8476.jpg

DSCN8482.jpg

These are just some pics of the invicta....good little watch for like $75

DSCN8477.jpg

DSCN8478.jpg

DSCN8479.jpg

DSCN8480.jpg

DSCN8481.jpg

• Like 1

Nice group of subs, R! I certainly wouldn't worry about the date mag on the LV- it's maybe .1 too big- 2.6 vs 2.5- like it really doesn't matter. And the date fits in the window and the cyclops just fine anyway.

I like the bezel insert you put on the Invicta. Those are true beaters and great watches with the Miyota movement in there. I've got a couple that I modded with Rolex YM inserts

P1010001.jpg

Great change of pace for when you don't want to wear the sub. BTW, I just noticed that you changed the seconds hand on your 8926- good job!

Great trio of subs R!

Rsh is a great modder in his own right guys..for those that might not know. I bought my first good sub from him way back in the dark ages :) (Old school swiss noob Jmb turned into a 14060)

I like your Invicta also, I have never seen one of those in the flesh. Wear them well!