When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just got my first rep, 116610, help needed

hifijames

Just received my first rep 116610, need you guys opinion. Is it just me, or the 6 o'clock marking is off?

Everything else seems OK so far. The dealer did offer to replace it. But sending it back to China is a bit of hassel. Besides, I am wondering if this kind of quality is what we rep-buyers should live with?

This is not the noob version, it's the other one that's considered by many to be better.

post-47912-0-47015900-1348936138_thumb.j

yes unfortunately seems very crooked / ... my OCD would not let me live with it .

maybe someone skilled would be able to fix it right for you..shipping back to china is a long wait.. did it not show on QCpictures or did you not get pictures before shipment?

I ordered before I found this site. So no QC pictures unfortunately.

Hmm, tough one. Sorry for this.

Anyway I see 2(3) solutions:

1. If you have the ambition and tools, you can open the watch and try to rotate the marker counter clockwise, carefully.Taping your tools in order to avoid scratching the dial or marker, applying firm power. I do not know exactly how that 6 o´clock marker is attached to the dial, but it seems well centred and being connected via 1 pivot to the dial plate. The only issue is that the marker is rotated some degree clockwise.

2. Sending the watch back to China. The less stressful way. No risk to screw up with watch opening & vice versa, but there is again the risk with the customs. This time I would insist having some QC pics, so you know what to expect.

3. Send the watch to a watch modder or watchmaker, near you.

Wish you good luck on fixing this issue and please keep us updated.

• Like 1

yes, way off. I have the exact same dial with the 6 off, but not as bad as yours. The markers have feet on them, and when the holes are drilled off, that is what you wind up with. You must remove the marker, and either drill a new hole, or grind the lower foot off of the marker, and glue it to the dial. Not a big job, but needless in my opinion. A little QC would prevent this from happening.

Sultion 1,

Spend $100 and by a TC (use the search function) dail and hands (assuming you have Swiss or Asian Swiss clone).

Sultion 2

Seriously, if you can find a friendly watch shop in your city they can pop that marker off and reattach it. Your looking at 50$. I would never send anything back to china. (only my preference)

Sultion 3

Send it to VAC and have him lume the s*** out of it , while straighting that marker $ 120

Where do you live, maybe some one can point you in the right direction for a repair shop

• Like 1

Sultion 1,

Spend $100 and by a TC (use the search function) dail and hands (assuming you have Swiss or Asian Swiss clone).

Sultion 2

Seriously, if you can find a friendly watch shop in your city they can pop that marker off and reattach it. Your looking at 50$. I would never send anything back to china. (only my preference)

Sultion 3

Send it to VAC and have him lume the s*** out of it , while straighting that marker $ 120

Where do you live, maybe some one can point you in the right direction for a repair shop

I also think that a rep friendly shop is the best solution. I am in great St Louis area, anyone knows any watchmaker that won't judge?