When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Site for Polos, wallets and accesories?

gt rider

First TJ if I have failed to reply it would have been for non related issues and not because of any sense that I would be wasting my time, so I apologise for letting you slip through he cracks like that.

But more to your question I should point out that all the dealers on these boards sell soft goods, the only difference between me and the other guys is that I don't sell watches.

I can get most of these gym shoes but they fall into the grey area (quality) that I am simply not comfortable with, I can also get most goods in generic branding but they require a buy of X amount and not single items, they also tend to be the same prices are the replica's.

It absolutely amazes me when people take offence to me defending my business, imagine if the OP had said he was looking for cheap watches because the Trusted Dealers "Were just too expensive" or this other guy was to pop up and say 'Replica watches, talk about pissing you're money away". They would have been tarred and feathered but not so when aimed at my trade....because the vast majority of members simply do not know...so yes I do have to make a defense because these people, even if it is inadvertently, do damage my business.

Imagine you work for a Ford dealership and someone walked in and started telling all the other customers that Fords were 1) To expensive 2) Shit, how long do you think they would last before the police were called in?

I don't have a problem with constructive criticisms but I do have a problem when people pull their facts from their backsides.

Ken

• Like 2

First TJ if I have failed to reply it would have been for non related issues and not because of any sense that I would be wasting my time, so I apologise for letting you slip through he cracks like that.

I was meaning that my friend stopped discussing the bags with me (the one I mentioned to you from an advert featuring Sir Sean Connery a while back) You didn't drop the ball on me, Adam did, so you have nothing at all to apologize for, sorry if that read negatively about you, I'll amend the post to clarify :good::drinks:

But more to your question I should point out that all the dealers on these boards sell soft goods, the only difference between me and the other guys is that I don't sell watches.

I knew that WatchEden did a line in bags, and possibly belts, but I didn't know that the other dealers did soft goods as well... That is indeed interesting to know :)

I can get most of these gym shoes but they fall into the grey area (quality) that I am simply not comfortable with, I can also get most goods in generic branding but they require a buy of X amount and not single items, they also tend to be the same prices are the replica's.

Totally understandable :) As with my watches, I'm not after 1:1 replication in terms of precision, and with regard the Air Jordans, I can't really remember precisely all the small details to be able to point out any flaws even if there were any, (although I could probably give a vague description) afterall, we are talking 22-23 years since I last saw them :lol: I really would just love to have a pair [of something similar] at some point as a treat to myself, as I never had them as a child thanks to my mother's tight-fistedness :lol: As for the multiple order on the Converse, that wouldn't be a problem, as I would ultimately want a pair in: Black, white, red and Lakers Purple, as well as a pair of black low-tops. The only problem, is the price that would tally to, is not something my piggy-bank can rattle to at present (but hopefully in the New Year :whistling: ) With the Converse, generics would be fine, it's really not about the brand at all, as I've only ever worn generic ones, it's just that at the moment, no where locally is even selling those in my size :bangin:

[Edit to add]

Out of curiosity, what kind of quality are the rep sneakers like? My days of shooting hoops are long gone, but if they'd stand up to a few months of walking a few miles every other day, then I would be interested in some when funds allow :)

It absolutely amazes me when people take offence to me defending my business, imagine if the OP had said he was looking for cheap watches because the Trusted Dealers "Were just too expensive" or this other guy was to pop up and say 'Replica watches, talk about pissing you're money away". They would have been tarred and feathered but not so when aimed at my trade....because the vast majority of members simply do not know...so yes I do have to make a defense because these people, even if it is inadvertently, do damage my business.

Imagine you work for a Ford dealership and someone walked in and started telling all the other customers that Fords were 1) To expensive 2) Shit, how long do you think they would last before the police were called in?

I don't have a problem with constructive criticisms but I do have a problem when people pull their facts from their backsides.

Ken

Totally agree with all that, Ken, there's absolutely nothing wrong with defending your business whatsoever :) Likewise, it pisses me off when people accuse off-site dealers like CQout as 'being scammers', when they've never actually ordered from them to know either way :bangin: I wouldn't mind if they had ordered, had an issue, and were reporting it so others wouldn't fall victim as well, but when they're literally pulling opinions from their asses, it's pretty irritating :lol::bangin:

Imagine you work for a Ford dealership and someone walked in and started telling all the other customers that Fords were 1) To expensive 2) [censored], how long do you think they would last before the police were called in?

Ken

I have never dealt with Ken and I have never knowingly purchased rep soft goods. But he is 100% correct. This is his business. As he said, imagine the uproar if someone said that BK's watches were a waste and way overpriced! You work hard to establish a good REPutation and if that commands a premium, so be it.

Best of luck to everyone in finding what they look for. I will personally consider KB when I do decide to make a purchase. Why? Because of the reviews. That's what the forum is about, sharing our personal experiences.

• Like 1