When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica soft goods, the facts

KB

As most of you know I have now been dealing in replica softgoods for 7 years and during that time I have built up a customer base and a review section that I look on with some pride.

Yet every now and then someone will pop up and make broad sweeping claims that basically all soft goods are rubbish.

When you stop to think about our hobby in watches and the detail that goes into very many of them how can anyone seriously believe it is beyond the Chinese to make good replica's of clothing and bags?

It must be remembered that way before replica's the Asian's were considered the finest needle workers in the world, but it seems that because some have seen cheap knock offs (and lets face it we have all see them) they feel qualified to rate the entire industry as junk.

Think for a second what you believed about replica watches before you found our site, there are very few indeed that truly believed the quality of our watches existed under the 2k mark, yet all we have are dealers who are either based or have representatives based in China.

For those who have not caught on yet my sales rep lives year around in Gaungzhou China and she has been my full time employee for about 5 1/2 years, the point here is that I seriously doubt that any other member who is not a resident of China to have the resources I have for delivering the best quality goods and yes the quality does exist as a quick look through my review section testifies.

All that said there also seems to be a lack of realistic expectations on sof tgoods. We all know our watches are not perfect or at least the vast majority have flaws yet I do come across many who will not accept that same level of standard for bags and clothing.

Recently I was offered by our factory Hermes Birkin bags, these bags were so highly priced that I would have had to re-sell them for around $1300. more than $1000 over what I sell my standard Birkin.

Yet I have never had a complaint about the quality of my bag.

So what is on offer with these expensive versions?

Better quality leather? No

Better hardware? No

Better quality stitching? No

For an extra $1000 the factory is willing to sell me the same bag with a guarantee of no faults and a little bit more in paperwork.

If that is worth $1300 to you then you know where they are but to me it's a rip off so I wont list them.

There are goods (Jeans for example) that I do not list any longer, this is not because quality replica jeans do not exist it is because the suppliers that we have access to can only supply jeans that are, at best, of a good but not excellent quality.

All I ask is that before anyone tries to act knowledgeable about any soft goods that they be honest with themselves and realise they simple do not have the expertise to make such comments.

Ken

Are sales going that slow, Ken?

:lol:

Rubbish is a hard word - I agree.

However, even most untrained eyes can pick every soft good rep from the genuine article.

It's a fact, you'll never get a copy of a quality product for the fraction of the price.

And those who work in development (design and production) of high end designer cloths, know why :)

If you think you do - you've never handled the genuine goods.

:)

Im sure a lot of gen stuff is made in china a swiss watch only needs to have 25% of the watch to be swiss, china made items is the same as anything made elsewhere you get what you pay for, quality wise as you know there are high end replicas and 10usd replicas lets put aside the flaws in replica watches a high end replica submariner as a watch in its own right swiss eta full stainless steel and so on they are very well made and a fraction of the gen price im sure with a service and tuned a basic eta 2824-2 movement would pass cosc tests ,ok on this forum we will run down a high end rep watch when its compared to the gen but these watches are made by a different factory to the gen and small details are expected but we must remember that most of the cost of the gen is in the brand name

i purchased a pair of green rayban sunglasses for 20usd the lense was glass not plastic i took them down to an optician friend to test the lense i wanted them to be safe as we have a lot of sun in cyprus and the lenses were the same with the gen the gen were priced at 165 euros i think replica makers show that this items can be made for a lot less and show what a rip off gen makers are in my view no watch is worth over 4000usd after all its just a watch ! i will happily wear replica anytime !

Edited by aeromatic

Actually sales are going fine but the "Untrained eye' comment is exactly what I am talking about.

My sales rep was doing this for a few of years before she started working with me so she has around 10 years experience with replica goods.

Cathy hand checks everything I ship and my review section is testimony to the quality of the goods, so why do s few selected people persist in claiming that these goods can only be bought in poor quality?

The quality is in fact on par with our watches.

Ken

Actually I am not surprised by the post as this is a timely response to a few ignorant folks in a couple of threads who have made sweeping comments on the lack quality of rep soft goods. In point of fact there are reps that are closer to the gen than any watch and by the way that industry and the high end has been around for decades. That part of the rep industry is far more transportable than the watch business. A factory with access to the right materials and a modest number of skilled workers can produce great stuff. And it hasn't hurt that a number of the gen manufacturers are themselves outsourcing to China and other rep centers. What is relevant is that the quality of the dealer and their access to the appropriate suppliers is what is critical. Kind of sounds like watches, huh? :)

Very well said Ken. I know from personal experence how good a high quailty rep handbag....for example...can be. Unfortunately we have some around here that talk out there ass with little or no knowledge. There thinking Is...If It's not 100% as good as the gen then It must be [censored].

I would personally consider the source and move on. If the replicated product Isn't up to ones standards then buy the gen. End of story.

Again....well said Ken. :drinks:

Mike

It's a fact, you'll never get a copy of a quality product for the fraction of the price.

Don´t get me wrong i still think a LV handbag is a real beauty.. and a JLC watch is show of craftsmanship.. but could it be made for the fraction of a price.

Of course... When you have the blueprint in front of you :inverted:

As it´s in our nature to show who´s strongest and best (both animals and human), but we have gone from physical violence to be "king of the hill" , to the use of money and wealth.

So all these high end brands, both clothing and watches, which provides the means to be "king of the hill", will keep on provide these products at these prices.

Just check a Hermes Birkin bag.. $7000 and a waiting list to get them..

What?!?! are they made of Alien skin?

Even if you get the finest leather, and order pure gold bits to stitch on , then ask the best saddler to create a new bag.. it won´t cost $7000

It´s in the name and status of the product.

Ralph Laurens exclusive stuff is made in Italy. But things like the Polo shirts that are available in department stores are made in the Philippines. Don´t think it´s hard to get someone to make the same quality fabric in china

Hey, just look at our fine community... People putting together frankens that are almost 1:1 for a "fraction of the price"

Keep up the good work KB, I think I´ll put in some orders for Christmas (or am I to late ;) )

@henrik you make some good points, one that has often annoyed me is the cost of these items at the source.

By this I refer to the fact that the factory workers are often paid a couple of dollars a day, coupled with the abundance of cheap (quality) materials it would not be a stretch to expect to pick these bags up for less than $50.

But I can't, most bags cost me $150 or more and the reason is simple, the Internet.

The days of the dirt cheap replica is long gone because all the serious players in the rep industry now employ kids straight out of Uni, these kids know exactly what kind of prices they can command for goods and it's these figures I need to pay to keep delivering the quality I have become known for.

Ken