When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just a few nooby questions

ydk1234

Hi guys, I've just got into rep watches recently, and I bought a Tag carrerra and pam 111 (noob factory) from puretime

But, both watches eventually became faulty in about 2~3 months. Is this to be expected? or am i just unlucky and got a bad batch? or did i do something that i wasnt meant to do ?

I ask because ive noticed the AP diver V3 on puretime, and it looks really good. What are the chances of it becoming faulty too?

and also, since its a divers watch, will i be able to go swimming with the watch (if i get the water proof test from pure time)?

And is the AP diver V3 from puretime the most accurate rep out there?

If anyone can help answering these questions, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Some times it is just the luck of the draw. I have had reps that have been faultless for years others have been problematic

The good thing is most can be repaired

On the WR test I would recommend getting it done locally rather than by the dealer

Where are you in the world and then we could recommend some one who could help with the repairs and also a WR test

Welcome to RWG

my Pam111 became faulty as well (can't wind up ) , but after googling around, i found out the small screws inside which hold the crown is a bit loose.

easy fix.

about Water Resistance, you need to open your watch and grease the O-Ring rubber your self.

i found all the rep I bought, they never put any grease on the O-Ring (thus = bad WR)

for the grease, you could buy from ebay = Silicone Grease.

to andy; I live in australia. know anyone around here?

to kalengkong: yeh thats what happened to my pam 111 too. are there youtube videos out there showing how to tighten the screws and grease up the O-ring? i couldnt find any myself..anyone know any trusted guys around here that could do the water proof test/grease oring and fix the pam ? thanks guys

What are the chances of it becoming faulty too?

Well, you don't know that, you're just lucky or unlucky but most of the times it turns out ok.

and also, since its a divers watch, will i be able to go swimming with the watch (if i get the water proof test from pure time)?

You will be able to swim and even dive with it when you get it waterproofed. I would not recommend the pure time waterproof test but let a watchmaker waterproof it for you and test it for you.

And is the AP diver V3 from puretime the most accurate rep out there?

Yes, hands down. This is the best AP rep you can get atm. Read my review with gen-rep comparison for more info on this particular watch. link: http://www.rwg.cc/topic/146951-audemars-piguet-diver-v3-review-with-gen-rep-pics/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hey edgematic, I read your review of the AP Diver and its fantastic, where can I find an ETA 2846, Im kind of a stickler like you for the finer details. Also, where would you recommend I look for straps rubber or leather that would be closer to gens. Is it easy to get gen straps? Sorry for the many questions, Im relatively new to the AP world!

Thanks in advance

You're welcome. ETA2846, I sourced 2 of them on eBay, with hacking mechanism, I bought 2 watches which had the movement and then transplanted them. Rubber or leather straps close to the gen are the gen straps :). You can buy them at an AP Boutique or at the AP service center in Clearwater FL, USA. The hornbacks aren't cheap, the rubber straps are OK.

Doesnt AP ask for proof of purchase or serial numbers or such? you can just walk in and buy a strap? If so, I wouldlove to get a gen rubber, never mind the hornback, too much money. But I was also wondering if you think some of the aftermarket straps are better than the factory especially for leather?