When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

crappy rep yellow lume - can it be lightened?

hackR

Wondering if anyone has experience in "lightening" the yellow rep lume used on various Rollie reps?...can it be slightly bleached (or something) so that it's more creme or off-white?...

thinking if the yellow rep lume can be lightend to an off-white color - you could then vintage the off-white using the usual coffee/iodine/other methods...not concerned about the lume losing any luminosity in the process...

any thoughts or experience?...

thanks...R

Best bet would be a relume i believe that there are a few members that do this service i always try to darken the yellow markers just posted it today titled (not another dial ageing experiment) ! good luck !

Edited by aeromatic

my experience has been that it's tough to not effect the writing/printing when using laquers or heat on dials to make them darker...i was actually thinking to do what nanuq recommended - perhaps starting with diluted bleach and/or hydrogen peroxide...start with it dulted and then increase strength if no difference...

just wondering if someone has done this or something else...i don't have a couple of spare dials to experiment - but may do so...