When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New AP Release, updated RG Rubberclad!

edgematic1

The AP logo is now gold, along with gold outlines of the chrono dials. Also has the correct black datewheel

Thanks mate! I went to PT site and had a peek too.. one thing which they can really improve on are the kitten-weak lumes.. :D

Edge, how is this new version less accurate? What are the obvious flaws?

Spoke to Toro he said the chrono pushers come rounded.

Did you read my post??

The new update version of the rose gold rubber clad doesn't have a grey dial number one, so even if it was an update on the old version , the older doesn't have the rose gold rings around the sub dials, black date wheel either...

Sorry MCJ, was slightly confused by your earlier post, hence the clarification. But I thought the gen new version had a grey dial, but a darker gray compared to the version before.

Hey no prob, i've seen the genuine in person as i'm often at the boutique and it's a black dial now! :/

It's strange, eh?

With the amount of detail they are putting into it now, why not make it right? I just don't understand, never will...

Anyway here is a pic

ap081_im.jpg

Its definitely a beautiful piece. For reps, mistakes and inaccuracies in details are part of the game, I think. This "updated" version at Puretime is pointless, IMO. It merely trades one inaccuracy for another. The pushers on all AP ROO models can come rounded these days anyway, irregardless of model. You simply need to request for it to be done.

I just wish the rep makers would pick their game up and get it right!!!!!!!!

Constant let downs......AHH well, if only the disposable income for a gen........

Well, if you are unhappy with the inaccuracies you can man-up and buy the gen for $40k or pick-up a last generation gen dial available on the bay for $2k and build a franken for $5k. :) Personally I do think it is a big improvement. The last dial was so wrong.

I was at Westime in Beverly Hills a few weeks ago. They had one Rosegold Rubberclad (original one with white date) with a price tag of $55k. They have gone up in price and have reached collector status pricing recently. The older rep is very very close to OEM compared to the genuine watch in person. They had one rosegold GP that was sold earlier that day for a princely sum of $72k. The buyer paid ca$h! The watch was in the store for less than a day before selling.

Well, if you are unhappy with the inaccuracies you can man-up and buy the gen for $40k or pick-up a last generation gen dial available on the bay for $2k and build a franken for $5k. :) Personally I do think it is a big improvement. The last dial was so wrong.

How was the last grey dial so wrong?!?

I actually would love a genuine example, however I chose the forged carbon instead :p

BTW guy's, I think there was a change in the dials... This new one is a grey/tobacco'ish color now in person.. The first one I saw that AP got was a black, and in that pic too, however they seemed to have changed the production dials or something!

• 2 weeks later...