When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen 201a On A Dirk Logo

Maikel

:g: Don't know what happend to it.

hmmm.. looks like it is engraved by hand??? the logo seems strange and the PANERAI as well? any clearer photo of it?

P.S> Now that i ve seen it again it is DEFINATELY engraved by hand.. Look at the A on the Panerai... Where you got the strap?

If you ask my opinion I guess that it is probably a 5218 buckle grinded down and engraved on top by hand.

It looks like how the Dirks buckles are shaped...

Now you've said this...I also got a 5218-2 and it is exatly the same buckle...size & shape.

Oooh my God...you are the true Strapmaster :Jumpy:

You know, i think the buckle is genuine......I think the buckle used to be a PVD logo buckle that has had the PVD coating polished off............I did that to a Dirk second generation with a PVD logo buckle with the same exact results..(same strap too)......I even sold it on p-risti a couple of months ago.....I sold it cheap, for like $135 or something...........Its a small world so it might be it, and if it is......Its genuine..........cheers, Wan

You know, i think the buckle is genuine......I think the buckle used to be a PVD logo buckle that has had the PVD coating polished off............I did that to a Dirk second generation with a PVD logo buckle with the same exact results..(same strap too)......I even sold it on p-risti a couple of months ago.....I sold it cheap, for like $135 or something...........Its a small world so it might be it, and if it is......Its genuine..........cheers, Wan

Hey Wan maybe this was the one you've sold :p

You know the strap has the... (logo) PANERAI-ORIGINAL KODIAK stamped inside.

Anyway, he mailed me & offered a refund...also told me that it's a gen.

BUT...I'm gonna keep the strap, this may sound crazy...still like the strap, though

the engraving sucks. A reminder for my noob action :D

Next time better...right? :victory:

ps Wan you're right, the buckle had a PVD coating before.

I can see it where the buckle has been sewn in...thanks ;)