When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how good is diver v3 lume out of the box ?

jpohl402

I let my friend compared my v3 to his gen Diver. When I asked what differences he noticed, he said the lume (standard rep) was better than his gen. :) I think it lume is decent, but definitely not superlume like my Pam's.

The other things he noticed where the weight, the sweep, and the blue AR on the cyclops. As for the sweep and the AR, he keep moving to different lighting and said he was not sure if it was his imagination or lighting until I told him it was a Rep.

Edited by jamesfl

I let my friend compared my v3 to his gen Diver. When I asked what differences he noticed, he said the lume (standard rep) was better than his gen. :) I think it lume is decent, but definitely not superlume like my Pam's.

The other things he noticed where the weight, the sweep, and the blue AR on the cyclops. As for the sweep and the AR, he keep moving to different lighting and said he was not sure if it was his imagination or lighting until I told him it was a Rep.

there are some lume on reps that erm, outshine the gen ones. An example is the latest Patek Phillip Nautilus. My dad has the gen, and it did not seem to me like it has very good lumed markers. Perhaps it was the amount of charging it received. The rep my friend owned (not the exact same model though), on the other hand glowed like a torch when we stepped into a cinema from a well-lit place. Rep PAMs these days also possess exceptional lumes, and virtually indistinguishable from the gens. I know the standard rep AP ROO could do with much better lume. The gen glows bright and long...

Its so true... I have had lings, B&Rs and Omegas etc and they were so poor in lume compared to some reps...

I also compared the Diver to gen and thought the lume was better ...and I really wouldnt have noticed the thickness without them side by side..

Its always important to remember that even gens vary....all gens are made in batches and by different people... quality is consistent yes...but.... one dial can vary from another even the finish on a case..

Its always useful to research the way gens are made and not to rely on just a few pics etc... to compare.... then add in to that the way lighting, lens's and other factors that can affect the way a watch looks in a pic... so because one gen slightly looks different doesnt mean it could be a rep...

Its so true... I have had lings, B&Rs and Omegas etc and they were so poor in lume compared to some reps...

I also compared the Diver to gen and thought the lume was better ...and I really wouldnt have noticed the thickness without them side by side..

Its always important to remember that even gens vary....all gens are made in batches and by different people... quality is consistent yes...but.... one dial can vary from another even the finish on a case..

Its always useful to research the way gens are made and not to rely on just a few pics etc... to compare.... then add in to that the way lighting, lens's and other factors that can affect the way a watch looks in a pic... so because one gen slightly looks different doesnt mean it could be a rep...

Well said PeteM.. gen doesnt always mean best and perfect forever. I would rather wear a well-made rep than a gen riddled with imperfections, if repair is not considered.

I felt the rep lume was lacking in both vibrancy which maybe be true on the gen but sure doesnt seem like genuine c1 superlume to me on the rep; but also consistency in application on the inner bezel

I believe a relume mod is needed

Plus the cyclops fix

the beauty of a rep is that you can mod it and in some aspects (like the lume or even movement health and accuracy), you can better the gen.

the beauty of a rep is that you can mod it and in some aspects (like the lume or even movement health and accuracy), you can better the gen.

Agreed, but with that said, the confidence level when entering a boutique for instance, is different when wearing a gen and rep. Even if the gen could slightly differ due to the batches, you'd still know you're using your gen :)

But I still love my reps :clap2:

Edited by folex

You're right. One of the values of a gen is that it rides with confidence on your wrist no matter where you go or who you meet. Even if a rep is technically better in some aspects, it cannot replace this character of the gen article.

I understand this, but like you, I still love my reps. :lol: