When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross

Kaneda

Dear All,

Joshua and I should be releasing the BR01-92 46mm Ultimate Edition in SS soon this week. The Leather Strap has been finalised and the watches are currently in installation process.

Thank you!

Andrew

Will there be an optional rubber strap too?

Normally, I'd be w/ clive on the back, which I rarely sweat. But, as tvt points out, the issue is the 1:1 crap that has become way too common even among our best dealers. Want to call the rep you're selling 1:1? Great, make it 1:1. Otherwise say, "1:1 except we opted to save .85 cents by drawing the hex nuts on the back w/ magic markers." Or whatever. If anyone ever did see the back and those cheesy drawn-on screws I'd be embarrassed, not for having a rep but for having a rep with cheesy drawn-on screws--with a little arrow telling me the cheesy drawn-on screws are 1.3mm in size!.

The good news is that it there may be a possible mod. I bet those yellow drawers at the hardware store are filled w/ hex screws very similar to the ones found in the gen. Shave off the screw part, drill the case a little, and glue the heads in and I think you'll have a back that looks like the gen. A couple of bucks.

In the meantime, I wish the 1:1 [censored] would finally go away.

Like Archibald reiterated a lot of my issue is with calling it 1:1 when it simply is not. Now I have had many fakes with improper backs... for example the improper bridged PAMS of a year or two back... but somehow those don't bother me as much. I think that improper or not they look good and they look high quality. the drawn on fake hex screws just look cheesy to eye. Forget if it is accurate or not, it just plain looks bad. if I cannot have REAL screws then I would MUCH prefer NO screws at all... in other words a back that is still not accurate but atleast looks nice.

If I were buying a dept store brand watch and it had fake screws I would immediately put it down and keep moving because there is something just very "wrong" about that.

I think that improper or not they look good and they look high quality. the drawn on fake hex screws just look cheesy to eye. Forget if it is accurate or not, it just plain looks bad. if I cannot have REAL screws then I would MUCH prefer NO screws at all... in other words a back that is still not accurate but atleast looks nice.

What I find hilarious (if it weren't so dumb) is the arrow pointing at the phony screws, telling me "these would be 1.3mm if they were real. :bangin:

The good news is for $3,56 we anals can buy 4 of the 1.25mm hex screws below, dremel off the threaded part, drill a round hole using the phony screws as a guide, and glue the head in place.....maybe.

But it would be nicer if the factory, as long as they're milling cases anyway, would just do it. I guess the 5 bucks of additional overhead would double the cost of the case....

post-53-1164036194_thumb.jpg

Is this fake screw thing gonna be an issue on the 46mm?

Well that is the million dollar question but I am fairly sure the answer is yes.

Of course it is only an issue if it happens to bother you. I think a lot of people will not be bothered and from the front you will not be able to tell a thing. It is only if the watch is viewed from the back that things would get a little embarassing.

Archibald:

Maybe they can change the engraving on the back next to the arrow to read "fake 1.3mm screws" just to make it more accurate!

I have the 39mm version from Andrew and it is a striking looking watch, I have had one or two comments on it already and only got it a few days ago. Obviously i am prepared to take the 200 million to one risk that I will run into a Bell and Ross dealer who will wrestle me to the ground, unbukle the watch and point out that the screws on the back are fake.

Because of the square shape the watch looks quite big on the wrist at 39mm I would imagine the 46 mm is going to look huge.

I have only been on here about six months (still managed to buy about 8 watches in that time) after a couple of years time will I be having sleepless nights about tiny imperfections to the back of reps that no one will ever see let alone know they are imperfections?

Worried of London

Everyone has thier own criteria...

I have MANY fakes with HUGE imperfections on the back (like the totally wrong movement seen through a case back), but again, those were NOT sold as "exact copy 1:1". Also, when viewed in isolation, apart from comparing to the gen these watches still look quite nice and seem to be of a good quality. The Bell and Ross on the other hand, when seen from the back, looks cheap regardless of wether one is familiar with the gen or not. I can't imagine ANYONE thinking that fake stamped screws with a little arrow telling you how big they are IF they wer eonly real looks good.

But you are correct, few if any will see the back and if it does not nug you then fantastic, I hope you enjoy it.

• 5 weeks later...

i hve orderd my 39mm BR-01 and my question is does anybody have a source for the "Synthetic Canvas Strap" featured on the PVD/white markings version on the B&R site?

The leather band is very nice I am sure but the Synthetic band looks soooo much better on a technical watch like this.

any tips on where to find a band like this would be appreciated! a pic is attached

172437-9253.jpg

Edited by iambobbydigital