When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Sean build...

dan_189

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could your gasket be causing problems?

Which gasket? The one under the crystal retainer?

Also guys quick question, if I was to retap the hole, what kind of tap should I be using a bottoming, plug or tapper? Ive read the size is M3 x 0.35 but which kind of tap to use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TapTypes.gif

All the watch parts stores look like they have the "plug" style taps.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, round 2...

Does this look right? Its a gen tube, does it sit close enough to the case? Should that collar on the tube be recessed in the case?

Ive misplaced my gen crown somewhere so I cant test it! It will come up soon enough

post-45913-0-83520200-1353569969_thumb.j

post-45913-0-69008000-1353569996_thumb.j

post-45913-0-98509900-1353570020_thumb.j

post-45913-0-05256700-1353570044_thumb.j

Edited by dan_189

You did seal it in there, right? On my lughole build I swapped tubes and forgot to O-ring and/or seal the tube in place the second time I installed it. It fogged up in the shower and I knew I was screwed, I ended up replacing the movement after that just for peace of mind. Those of us with Sean cases don't have the luxury of using an O-ring between the tube and the case but you can still seal it in with epoxy for the same effect.

That looks like a Sean bezel... Can you compare the two?

Ill put up some pics of them side by side, the main difference between this "gen" one and the Sean is that the Sean is slightly thicker and its not polished underneath like this one is. The bottom lip is actually polished and reflective/chrome where as the sean on that lip is dull. The other difference is the inner teeth on this bezel are quite a consistent shape where as the Sean are quite varied and not as good quality. Does it look like a WM9?? What size is a WM9?

• 3 weeks later...