When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sneak Peak

HauteHippie

Great build its a TC case with a V3 bracelet, genuine dial, crystal and

Gen or TC with gen parts :)

Ok i say TC with gen insert, crystal from londongeorge and V3 bracelet ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Give-aways include:

- the "14" on the plastic on the 1st pic, was the same on my V3

- Bezel teeth dont look deep enough (definitely a genuine insert)

- Hand stack

I'm gonna play odd man out here and say Sean case gen components? What's the verdict

Lugs are too good to be a Sean case

Not a londongeorge crystal. ;)

Londongeorges crystals are genuine and AR'ed

Congrats!

Ya the V3 TC bracelet is silly good for $40 or $50 or whatever it was. The clasp though.... leaves a bit to be desired. I may just order a factory fresh gen 93250 down the road. But the idea here was to put together a relatively low cost beater franken with a fairly high degree of accuracy, so a gen bracelet at this point kind of crosses the intended cost threshold. I'm only in to this thing for about $1300 right now I think. Finding a used gen under $5k in good shape is almost undoable now, so I don't think I've gone overboard just yet. :)

EDIT: Upon double-checking 93250 prices these days, I think I'll scrap that idea. The TC V3 is just fine! I spent less for a factory fresh Daytona bracelet for my 16520! :lol:

Edited by chieftang

Ya the V3 TC bracelet is silly good for $40 or $50 or whatever it was. The clasp though.... leaves a bit to be desired. I may just order a factory fresh gen 93250 down the road. But the idea here was to put together a relatively low cost beater franken with a fairly high degree of accuracy, so a gen bracelet at this point kind of crosses the intended cost threshold. I'm only in to this thing for about $1300 right now I think. Finding a used gen under $5k in good shape is almost undoable now, so I don't think I've gone overboard just yet. :)

EDIT: Upon double-checking 93250 prices these days, I think I'll scrap that idea. The TC V3 is just fine! I spent less for a factory fresh Daytona bracelet for my 16520! :lol:

I think a gen 93250 is slightly too small in width to fit a TC case, that one of the primary reasons I went a Sean case. The lugs on the TC do look amazing though!

Fantastic watch chief.

Anyone else experience this or am I imagining things: the tc bezel teeth cut on both tc bezels I am looking at here is uneven...very very slightly, i guess it's down to factory variances, but about half way around both bezels they are nice and deep, and the other half not cut as strongly. It is very subtle and only reallly noticeable when looking very closely or via a loupe...which is not worth doing imo. I don't care about something like this in terms of vs gen, but just wonder if anyone noticed the same thing? Sorry I know this has nothing to do with chiefs sub, but just an observation with mine? ;)

Edited by cougar1