When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Orchard Road

esmatt2012

The dealers carry largely the same models, as my friend folex the AP Nut mentioned.

I assume you are referring to the sec@12 models made by Noob factory.

They are the "best" we have. Wait a minute, isn't it the only choice we have currently? :drinks:

The dealers carry largely the same models, as my friend folex the AP Nut mentioned.

I assume you are referring to the sec@12 models made by Noob factory.

They are the "best" we have. Wait a minute, isn't it the only choice we have currently? :drinks:

Hahaha, not as Nutty as you :1a: . In fact I haven't got an AP yet, whether its gen, franken or rep, but I know someone who has them all :notworthy: haha.

Hope I can pull the trigger next week, still quite undecided on what I want to get.. Thinking of a black/dark colored dial as it seems they would have less obvious mistakes.

But Mr.W claimed the Las Vegas is better than the Orchard, mind telling us why, either Mr.A or Mr.W?

Hey mate, good always to hear from you!

I think you are right, the dark colored dials are better, hiding the flaws better. That you already know I think..

I would advocate you purchase the LV as well, as compared with the Orchard Road. I do not know about W's reasoning, but mine is:

a. The material of the gen orchard road is tantalum, and the rep is something else (can't recall if its stainless steel or titanium). Either way, there is an obvious difference. I owned the O.R before.

b. The lumes are missing on the Orchard Road rep. The gen LV goes not have lume, and this makes the rep accurate in this aspect.

c. A matter of personal preference. The Red and Black color theme on the LV works for me in terms of appeal and accuracy.

The above are just what I feel. You have to decide for yourself young jedi. :D

Hey mate, good always to hear from you!

I think you are right, the dark colored dials are better, hiding the flaws better. That you already know I think..

I would advocate you purchase the LV as well, as compared with the Orchard Road. I do not know about W's reasoning, but mine is:

a. The material of the gen orchard road is tantalum, and the rep is something else (can't recall if its stainless steel or titanium). Either way, there is an obvious difference. I owned the O.R before.

b. The lumes are missing on the Orchard Road rep. The gen LV goes not have lume, and this makes the rep accurate in this aspect.

c. A matter of personal preference. The Red and Black color theme on the LV works for me in terms of appeal and accuracy.

The above are just what I feel. You have to decide for yourself young jedi. :D

Yes Master Yoda, may the fakes be with you too. ;)

At this point I'm thinking of getting the ChronoV5, Black Theme and the new 15300. Do you have any recommendations? Top 5 in order?

Thnks

Yes Master Yoda, may the fakes be with you too. ;)

At this point I'm thinking of getting the ChronoV5, Black Theme and the new 15300. Do you have any recommendations? Top 5 in order?

Thnks

Its hard to put the watches in order my young friend.

But for starters, I consider the watches you listed to be FAIRLY passable in terms of accuracy and build quality.

Go for what your heart desires.. bewteen the black theme and the chronopassion though, I would pick the chronopassion for its blasted titanium case finish. Thats just my personal preference. If you have not seen it in real life yet, the finishing just looks awesome. Rugged, masculine, and it looks like it wants to go to war in Afghanistan. :D

Compared to the Black theme, is LV closer still?

(hopefully helpful to OP whos also searching for this color combination)

Yes, it is. If anything, its the lack of lume I dislike in the black theme.

Its hard to put the watches in order my young friend.

But for starters, I consider the watches you listed to be FAIRLY passable in terms of accuracy and build quality.

Go for what your heart desires.. bewteen the black theme and the chronopassion though, I would pick the chronopassion for its blasted titanium case finish. Thats just my personal preference. If you have not seen it in real life yet, the finishing just looks awesome. Rugged, masculine, and it looks like it wants to go to war in Afghanistan. :D

Yes, it is. If anything, its the lack of lume I dislike in the black theme.

Really? In terms of accuracy, the LV is still closer than the black theme? Definitely getting the Chrono, just want another as my daily beater :D Now you got me thinking of the LV, but I'm still uncertain. LV, or black theme or any other options?

Really? In terms of accuracy, the LV is still closer than the black theme? Definitely getting the Chrono, just want another as my daily beater :D Now you got me thinking of the LV, but I'm still uncertain. LV, or black theme or any other options?

I think I have answered enough of your questions. Do some research, and see what you really want. Every model is flawed, its just a matter of what you can live with.

I think I have answered enough of your questions. Do some research, and see what you really want. Every model is flawed, its just a matter of what you can live with.

Hehe, ok Mr.A. I did my search on the models, but can't seem to find concrete answers. But its fine.

Thanks for your input bro :)

I have to agree on the Orchard Road. With all the great AP reps out there I would avoid one of the very few that uses the wrong metal. You won't go wrong with any of the later models that have better date spacing and font, correct metal and rounded pushers (although you can easily do it yourself). Just pick the model you like. The CP is a great watch but beware that you will likely scratch the bezel sooner rather than later and the only way to fix it (because of the sand blasting) is to redo the whole finish. I would not make it my only AP. I have one (or at least one with that case) and having gotten it resurfaced I make it a point only to wear it under a suit or shirt that covers the watch.

I haven't seen tha latest Jumbo ( assuming that is the 38mm size). Still have an MBW with the dotted line blue dial and an ETA with gold rotor. Case is fairly good (I do have a similarly sized two tone gen) but the date placement is off and of course the movement is the movement......not an AP. It is a much smaller watch though. I wear the Offshore for daily wear and the automatic royal oaks only get worn for formal or "cuff link" occasions. It is a much smaller watch...elegant but frankly no real presence other than the general form. My 2 cents.