When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen 111h, Davidsen-palp Crown Comparison

pannylovernr1

Just got the Davidsen 111H, fitted it with palp crown and Manifatture Firenze Buffalo strap.

The lume is top notch, can add pictures later of this.

Sorry for the picture quality, taken at work in a rush, but I just wanted you to see my new baby.

Thanks Davidsen and Palp, it won't leave my wrist for a while :D

Got mail from Davidsen that he'll soon present his new 111H dial with new text, then it'll really rock :Jumpy:

150673-14787.jpg

150673-14788.jpg

150673-14789.jpg

150673-14790.jpg

150673-14791.jpg

150673-14792.jpg

Edited by pannylovernr1

Yep, Tobacco strap, good call!

Took some lume comparison pics;

The Davidsen, a Gen Revue Thommen (Superlumina) and a Gen Marathon TSAR (Tritium) held in front of a lamp for 1 min, then took a pic about 3 min later.

I thought my Marathon could do better than that :huh:

Sunlight might give other results?? Have to try it in the morning maybe.

150838-14774.jpg

150838-14775.jpg

Nice one you got :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My CG from DS came with a deep scratch on it...waiting for a replacement CG.

Did you notice that the normal rep lugscrews doesn't fit on DS case? :brow:

That's the only thing I didn't like about it, the lugscrews are of different lengths (both total length and in tap length) :g: Seems they are custom made for each case, bit silly since that's makes it more difficult to replace.

Is it necessary to replace Crown and CG with Palp ver2.1 over Davidsen's?

I just received a Davidesen 005, and it has an amazing crown and crown guard. Finepics (Mark) will point out that there aren't enough teeth in the crown, 48 vs 50 or something -- I'm trying to remember this off the top of my head here -- but the width is pretty good. IMO, though, it's the best out-of-the-box crown and CG you can buy.

Also as requested by Motyl here's a picture of the crystal distorsion:

153061-14373.jpg

I have that crystal distortion on my pam 89, but not on my 177h both from josh

i have both going off to The Zigmeister next week for some upgrades - palp crowns, davidson crystal (177h)with AR - and i found a cyclops upgrade for the 89

very exciting, also, i have the davidson h dial - we'll see if the new one is worth upgrading.

can you comment on the AR

i think the tobbaco strap from MF is one of the best. I do have one i like better, just cause its thicker - the

153061-14374.jpg

its the bottem one here- custom made leathers by V - i recomend his stuff, super thick. I have his tan one on the way :)

i use the MF on my 42mm Radiomar pam 47 and the V on my 177h

all sorts of photos when i get them back from zig of course :)

I agree with TK471 as far as DSN's crown being the best out of the box.

Overall, Palp's crown is nicer. Maybe its the extra 2 or so teeth? The grooves/teeth on Palp's crown seem more defined.

I would prefer Palp's crown, but if I bought one of DSN's watches, I think his crown is close enough that I would not change it.

Finepicks once showed how there is so much variation with gen crowns, that IMHO, DSN's crown is still pretty good.

can you comment on the AR

i think the tobbaco strap from MF is one of the best. I do have one i like better, just cause its thicker - the

153215-14344.jpg

its the bottem one here- custom made leathers by V - i recomend his stuff, super thick. I have his tan one on the way :)

AR is better in my opinion on Davidsen crystal than on Josh's or Andy's reps, but I have yet to compare it to a gen 111H (No AD dealers in my area <_< ).

WOW, some sweet straps from V, excellent choice :thumbsupsmileyanim: . That'll be my next buy if I can get hold of one.

Also as requested by Motyl here's a picture of the crystal distorsion:

153471-14285.jpg

Thanks for that photo :)

I am thinking about ordering the 111h from Davidsen, but the only thing which worries me the most is the crystal.. Shouldn't the crystal be devoid of such distortions? Unfortunately there is no AD near me, so I don't have any comparison. Do the gens also have such distortions?

Somehow I do not believe it.. :bangin:

Thanks for that photo :)

I am thinking about ordering the 111h from Davidsen, but the only thing which worries me the most is the crystal.. Shouldn't the crystal be devoid of such distortions? Unfortunately there is no AD near me, so I don't have any comparison. Do the gens also have such distortions?

Somehow I do not believe it.. :bangin:

I thought crystal gave distorsion but not mineral glass????

Maybe the reps have distortion and the gens don't due to a different crystal shape?

Maybe someone with a gen 111H could tell you :g:

Really? I've heard they do distort like that. If you can post pics it would help out a lot. Thanks.

Only have tried on the gens don't own one. - i'm not willing to swear by it, but i recall looking at that as i always do after the distortion in my first rep was really bad

My breitling bently GT doesn't distort in teh slightist crystal clear from 89 degree angle Maybe the crystal on the pams is thicker.

some of the reps do some don't,

it has been my experience that the cheaper reps/ crystals distort more and easier

just my observations

Only have tried on the gens don't own one. - i'm not willing to swear by it, but i recall looking at that as i always do after the distortion in my first rep was really bad

My breitling bently GT doesn't distort in teh slightist crystal clear from 89 degree angle Maybe the crystal on the pams is thicker.

some of the reps do some don't,

it has been my experience that the cheaper reps/ crystals distort more and easier

just my observations

For me that is a giveaway. For me such a distortion on a crystal screams rep, more than the boldness of the font.. I would assume that the gens do not have the distortion, but I would find it very helpful if somebody posted some pic of a gen..

Thanks

For me that is a giveaway. For me such a distortion on a crystal screams rep, more than the boldness of the font.. I would assume that the gens do not have the distortion, but I would find it very helpful if somebody posted some pic of a gen..

Thanks

Interesting, for me the Davidsen crystal is the one that looks the best but I'm no expert :rolleyes:

Follow this thread and read what gen owner thinks.

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11495

By the way, the boldness of the font has been corrected on the dial as of today, check Davidsens posts.

Interesting, for me the Davidsen crystal is the one that looks the best but I'm no expert :rolleyes:

Follow this thread and read what gen owner thinks.

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11495

By the way, the boldness of the font has been corrected on the dial as of today, check Davidsens posts.

That's good info :thumbsupsmileyanim: Hopefully we will get the ultimate answer when we see a pic of a gen.