When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to remove links from Yuki 7206 rivet bracelet?

Guest al12

The end links on these bracelets were not designed to be removed. It can be done, but it is not easy & often results in damage to adjoining links.

I have removed links from 2 rivet bracelets, but both ended up with misshapen links. So, to reduce the likelihood of damage, I would recommend taking the bracelet to a watchmaker or jeweler who has the appropriate skill & tools. If they have the correct replacement rivets, drilling out the exiting rivets is always the best way to go &, if done correctly, does not result in visible damage to the bracelet.

One thing about the Yuki pieces, the metal in the central folded link is pretty stout stuff. I've opened and removed/inserted then refolded lots of those links and only 1 or 2 have any visible dimples on the face at all. The others you can't tell they were ever touched.

For genuine pieces, yeah they get bent on the outer/visible faces way too easy. Best let a pro do it, and even then he's going to tweak a few. My gen 9315 was done by a certified Rolex watch smith and you can pick out every one that he worked on.

Easy peasy. Put a leather pad down, get a couple good strong flat blade screwdrivers and one long thin "punch" with a strong needlish tip.

Band face down on the pad, push the tip of the thin punch into the gap in the middle link where the short and long folded halves come together right at the corner. Get the tip in there a ways and pry up the long folded half a little. It will look tweaked and twisted.

Now get the thin screwdriver in there just a little ways and TWIST it to apply an opening force to the long folded piece. Bingo here she comes up.

Keep working it open more and more until the opened flap just comes out over the rod that connects the side links.

Do your thing, add links, remove links, whistle Dixie... whatever blows your skirt up.

To reassemble slip the long opened flap in over the long connecting rod, and use your flat screwdriver to push the flap down again. You'll get it most of the way by just pressing.

To really close that sucker, it gets tricky. I use the thin punch right at the corners of the flap where I first opened it, and holding the punch in place with one hand, I smack its butt with the palm of my other hand. :Jumpy: Yeah yeah yeah I know... save the pron comments for later.

Be careful, you do not want the punch to slip and create a convex dimple on the outer face of the band by going too far. Give it a couple tentative whacks and see how you're progressing. Go just far enough to make the inner face of the band smooth and flat. No more.

I have a gen C&I on my 1675.  I removed links similar to Nanuq, but in a more painstaking way.  Yup to the pad, but I used a surgical razor.  I inserted the tip in the small opening at the side of the middle link between the two outer side links.  Worked the blade carefully into the fold gap in the middle link.  Once I had "sliced" across the and made a slight gap, I worked the blade in and then pried up on the longer side until I could barely squeeze out the center bar from the link I wanted to remove, then repeated the process on another to get that link out. 

To close the gap, I ran a pine dowel continually across the center links with firm pressure until the link was closed again.

This all took quite a while, but I was very pleased with the results, and the gap is very tightly closed.